New here with some question and an introduction

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : New here with some question and an introduction

Postby angelkat » Sun Jul 18, 2004 06:09 am

Analeese,

I am so sorry for your loss. There is unforuntally at lot of women on this board who have lost a child and are either TTC or already preg. Together we can get thru another preg and all the fears that comes with it.

I'm currently 32 weeks preg after the loss of my little girl and I can't tell you how scared I was until after the 25 week mark when she was born. At times, I still can't believe that I am this far in a preg but I have 17 more days until I get to meet my new little man in our lives.

Good luck to you as you have come to the right place for support and understanding....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby for faith » Tue Jul 27, 2004 02:00 pm

Analeese ~ Just wanted to let you know that my peri recommended me be on baby aspirin before TTC, as it can help when the placenta forms. I am waiting for the test results of everything else, but she recommended the baby aspirin no matter what the blood tests came back.

Best of luck to you!!!

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Postby sjs40 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 04:34 am

Our stories are similar, I developed severe pe at 26+4 and had c-section at 27wks. Ellie also passed away due to NEC.

I had a follow up with my consultant 2 months post partum and he said he would be happy for us to try again once 6 months were up. Ellie would have been 1yr old on 24 July, we have only just started to feel comfortable with trying again. I have asked for a pre-conception check. I was told last year that I would be on baby aspirin from as soon as pregnancy confirmed, and that I would be seen weekly, alternate weeks by high risk unit at hospital, or midwife at local surgery. This is not the hospital that dealt with my antenatal care with Ellie....she was born in a different area as I had changed doctors on the day I was diagnosed!

Sue (40)
Chris (37)
DD Eleanor Susan (Ellie)
born at 27wks severe PE
24 July 03 - 20 August 03
sjs40

Postby michelle » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:18 am

Annaleese, I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost my son to preterm preeclampsia in July of 2002. My preeclampsia came on very fast and was severe to say the least.

Most of the people close to me were very much against me having another baby. I was told by my Peri that I had a 40 to 50% chance of having PE again because it came on early. At the same time he said that PE was still a "first pregnancy" disease in most cases.

I was scared and very confused BUT I did get pregnant again and even though Travler came at 34.5 weeks he was perfectly healthy. I was on a low dose aspirin daily along with variety of different vitamins. I was on bed rest from 5 months on.

In the end ... I did not develop Pe again. My blood pressure went did rise before I delivered but my doctor was not concerned. They did a C-section becasue he was face up and the cord was across him like a seat belt. My doctor told me that as severe as my PE had been with Hudson ... my pregnancy with Travler was at the total other end of the spectrum.

I am truely a sucess story.

Best of luck.

Michelle

Michelle
michelle

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia