My Older Mothers I was Wrong!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

My Older Mothers I was Wrong!

Postby fineolin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 02:03 pm

Hi Ladies,

On friday I messaged that my two weeks wait was over and my AF arrived. Well, over the weekend, I kept brown spotting, however, it never turned red. I did not think it was strange because I usually spot before my actual period. I had an appointment today in the AM with my RE. I told the nurse I did not need a blood test because I had my period. She said we need to take it anyway to check your levels. So I took the blood test, and discussed different options with my RE. At 12:37pm, the nurse called me very excited and told me I was PREGNANT! That's right ladies, I am 4 weeks pregnant. I am in total shock. When I explained to the nurse that I have brown spotting, she said it is implantation bleeding. I always thought implantation bleeding was a myth. My progestorone numbers are good. She did say that I had 2 follicles, so, there could be twins. For now, I am so happy. I thought I would be so scared when it finally happened again. And I am. However, I am allowing myself to enjoy this moment. Ladies I am 39 years old, will be 40 in April. I hope this gives you some hope and faith.
Marjorie (39)
Miscarriage at 8 weeks (2006)
Had to terminate pregnancy at 22.5 weeks, July 2010 , due to Pre-e.
Miss my baby girl, Hailey rose everyday. I will never give up.
Pregnant again, due in July. Dear God, I leave it in your hands. I feel so blessed.
Miscarried at 8.5 weeks. Devastated and Sad.
fineolin

Re: My Older Mothers I was Wrong!

Postby sam10 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:16 pm

:-)
What a surprise! Very happy for you!
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby flori » Wed Nov 09, 2011 04:59 am

omg, congratulations! Implantation bleeding does indeed occur, I had it during my pregnancy with Gracie. I thought it was just spotting before AF arrived.

Congratulations again!
Flori, 30
Mommy to Gracie- born at 25 weeks 03/15/11, 11 inches, 1.1lbs, and absolutely beautiful. Became my sweet angel the next day.
flori

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Fri Nov 11, 2011 07:55 am

Woo Hoo I am 39 and will be 40 in March!!!! Great to hear! I am so happy for you! May you have a healthy,happy uneventful,nice long pregnancy! xoxo
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia