Post Reply FAQ Members Login

So angry and upset

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re: So angry and upset

Postby mom29 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 03:38 pm

by mom29 (1391 Posts), Sun Jan 08, 2012 03:38 pm

I'm so very sorry for your loss of Molly. Did you deliver at a hospital with a nicu ? At such an early gestational age it still might not have helped.

The OB I went to for 17+ years (and raved about) really dropped the ball in two of my pregnancies. I was so angry I didn't bother going back for the six week check-up. I was angry for a very long time.

It's going to take time for you to get past the anger, especially since your daughter died. I switched over to a mfm for the next pregnancy and it helped so much to have a doctor I trusted completely.

Please don't give up hope, your loss is still so recent.
mom29

Postby Olliesmum » Mon Feb 20, 2012 00:35 am

by Olliesmum (13 Posts), Mon Feb 20, 2012 00:35 am

Hi Missingmolly,

I too had an emergency c-section with my first due to pe resulting in a vertical insicion (J-shape after the initial bikini cut they couldnt get to him and extended to one side) I too was told under no circumstances was I to VBAC I have just had my second bub who is now 13 weeks old born at 38 weeks (by c-section) pe free. I am not sure if I am allowed to post this please delete it if I cant but there is a group of very special women whom have managed to vbac after a "special scar" just google special scars ~ special women and you will find all the support and information you may need I just wish I had found them sooner. My husband and I will be TTC once our little one is 3 and I will be advocating for my baby and my body, in an attempt to vbac. Of course at the end of the day a happy healthy little bundle to take home is all any of us want. I wish you all the very best in your journey to overcome your tradgedy and may you find happiness in the future.

Olliesmum.
Olliesmum

Re: So angry and upset

Postby brianned5 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:55 am

by brianned5 (567 Posts), Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:55 am

I'm so sorry for your loss and how your doctor handled everything. I know I had preeclampsia for about 4 weeks before Kylie was
delivered. I was later diagnosed with severe preeclampsia and class I hellp. I was transferred to a better hospital and was put under and my daughter was delivered via classical c-section at 25 weeks. She lived 10 days. The delivering doctor made sure I was told about my verticle incision and also wrote it on all my discharge papers. I got pregnant a little less than 6 months later. My new doctor just told me I was absolutely not "allowed" to go into labor and they would deliver the baby at 36-37 weeks. I didn't have any problems and my second daughter was delivered at 36w3d. The doctor said my uterus looked really good and gave me the go ahead to have a third baby.
Brianne (28) DH (29)

(DD) Kylie Nicole ~ July 13th 2008 to July 23rd 2008. Born at 25w2d due to severe preeclampsia and hellp syndrome.
1 pound 6 ounces, 12 1/2 inches.

(DD) Kyndall Hope - September 21st 2009. Born at 36w3d. 5 pounds 2 ounces, 18 inches. PE FREE
brianned5

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia