Who would have thought...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Who would have thought...

Postby ann marie » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:14 am

Yes ladies, it's me. Who would have thought I would be starting a thread on this board...not meeee. I distinctly remeber being in the peri's office 32 weeks pregnant with Luke and her telling me...you cannot get pregnant for at least 1 year...I was thinking this woman is nuts I'm never having another child. Well here we are. You're wondering what is she getting at...how old is Luke again...Luke is just 4 months old. What I'm getting at is that we had a little birth control accident this weekend...I just got my period for the first time on July 7th, started my bc pills one week ago and we were supposed to use a back up method for the first month. Here comes the TMI...the back up method leaked...yes 11 days after AF, which with a 28 day cycle means I am in the danger zone. Were the pills effective already??

If I get pregnant I will just scream. I wouldn't worry that much except we got pregnant with Luke the first month of trying. My OB and peri will kill me. My boss will kill me. My family and friends will think I should be checked into the looney bin (and maybe they're not wrong.) Financially if I have to go on bedrest we're in trouble as we completely depleted our savings being on bedrest with Luke. Not to mention the babies would be 12 months apart...would this scar Luke for life.

DH love that he is says God has a plan and we will just make it work. I have tremendous faith too, but the planner in me says what in the heck are we going to do. Plus it's like 2 1/2 weeks until AF is due....ahhhhh!

I just had to tell someone and you all are such good buddies now. I was afraid to even type this for fear it would make it more real. 2 children in 12 months...what have I (maybe) done:)

Ann Marie (29)Moderator for "Ask the Experienced"
DH: Matt (32)
PIH/PE/Low Amniotic Fluid
Luke 3/17/04--37 weeks after 15 weeks of bedrest
ann marie

Re : Who would have thought...

Postby arj » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:26 am

Yikes! Well, if you look at the statistics, you only have a 20-25% of conceiving each month, so there is an 75-80% chance that you are not pregnant! Plus hopefully those odds are increased since you have a few pills in your system. It looks like you're just going to have to play the dreaded waiting game. Ugh. Hang in there! Maybe the Fertility Fairy is too busy visiting those eager ladies on the TTC forum...

Allison (28)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. Mild PE at 40 weeks
TTC #2 Early 2005
arj

Postby 5thtymachrm » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:55 am

God will decide how he chooses....lol I have found that out the hard way. Trust in him and all will be okay.

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!
5thtymachrm

Postby taras mom » Mon Jul 19, 2004 02:47 pm

I'm with Allison! The Fertility Fairy should be sprinkling her dust over those of us who want it rather than pestering those who don't.

Carol (39)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel
taras mom

Postby julie f » Mon Jul 19, 2004 03:04 pm

Oh Ann Marie, sending you prayers of strength for whatever comes your way.

I was never told that I needed a backup method for the pill though, even when I first started back on it. Maybe your dr. is just a bit over cautious and even just being on the pill was good enough to do the job...

Keep us updated.

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby megansmom » Mon Jul 19, 2004 03:09 pm

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about ya! Hopefully the pill will do it's work and all will be well. God has plan for each of us, so trust in Him, all will work out for the best! We'll be waiting right here with you to find out!

~Amanda
Mama to Megan, severe PE with mild HELLP at 34 wks

Thinking about TTC later this year
megansmom

Postby ann marie » Mon Jul 19, 2004 03:13 pm

Julie,

That's good to hear. When I went on the pill the first time I didn't remember being on any back up method...but it was so long ago I thought I forgot. I'm hoping the pill was enough too. I'd love a second child, but my body still needs to heal as does my psyche. Thanks everyone for your kind words. It just helps being able to talk to you all.

ann marie

Postby susan belisle » Mon Jul 19, 2004 06:25 pm

Can you imagine the stories your baby will hear for the rest of his/her life if you are pg. This is one heck of a conception story!! Hope you get the answer you are looking for soon.

Susan
Interuption 06/23/01 @20 wks
Carly 04/24/02 30 wks 3lbs 6 oz
ttc again with pg induced hypertention
susan belisle

Postby paljane8 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 04:08 pm

It's not [:)].

Nancy Eastwood
Moderator/WA State Co-Coordinator

Calvin-8yrs
Saren-7yrs
Scott-5yrs (PE)
Janie-1yr (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Postby ann marie » Tue Jul 20, 2004 05:11 pm

Nancy...I'm afraid to ask...what's not??

ann marie

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia