Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Back after almost 7 years

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Back after almost 7 years

Postby abby78 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 09:06 am

by abby78 (1 Posts), Fri Feb 24, 2012 09:06 am

Hi. I was a member of his forum a while back under another username.

In 2004 I had my daughter, Lianna, at 33 wks 6 days by emergency c-section due to preeclampsia. She was a 2 lbs. 15 ounces.

A few months after that I became pregnant again. My daughter, Layla, was born at 30 wks. weighing 1 lb. 10 ounces.

Both my daughters are healthy first graders. Layla who I thought would have so many problems met the cutoff to be in the same grade as her sister since she was born in September rather than her due date in end of November. I can't believe how far we've gotten. I remember after Layla was born I just prayed that any issues she would have due to her prematurity and iugr would not be major. I never imagined she would have none. If anyone told me back then, while I watcher her in her isolette, I would've never believed she would be okay.

After almost 7 years I have decided to start ttc. I'v went back and forth. I see that I got lucky with my daughters being so healthy. I worry that if I have a 3rd it would be worse. Especially because I am no longer in my 20's. But after much thought I've decided that I should try for a third because I want a bigger family so bad.

It's nice to be on here!
abby78

Re: Back after almost 7 years

Postby libby123 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:08 am

by libby123 (111 Posts), Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:08 am

Welcome back!

I am so glad to hear that your daughters are doing well after being born so early and small. They are true fighters!

Only you can make the decision to try to conceive again. Knowing the risks, some people are comfortable taking them and some people are not. While some people with small risks are not comfortable taking them, other people with many risks are comfortable with them.

I will be rooting for a pregnancy soon for you! Congratulations on taking the first step.
Mommy to Sailor Ann, born on February 17th 2011 at 36 weeks by c-section due to PIH that slowly turned into preeclampsia.
libby123

Re: Back after almost 7 years

Postby aajatwins » Fri Feb 24, 2012 09:05 pm

by aajatwins (476 Posts), Fri Feb 24, 2012 09:05 pm

Welcome back to the boards :) I'm sure you've been a witness to how supportive these ladies are and I hope that will be true for you in this season!

I'm not the lady with statistics about what your chances are ... but I can say that since you already here wanting to TTC, you must know those miraculous babies are worth it. I had never heard of siblings being in the same grade without being multiples until just a few weeks ago - I have twins, so that interested me! Do you mind me asking how that goes? That is truly awesome for them to both be so healthy!!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia