Post Reply FAQ Members Login

talk or explode...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : talk or explode...

Postby ann marie » Tue Jul 20, 2004 05:23 pm

by ann marie (1034 Posts), Tue Jul 20, 2004 05:23 pm

Nope, not crazy. I agree with what everyone else says. It sounds as though you are going into the pregnancy with your eyes wide open and are willing to get the best care while you are pregnant to help to get a good outcome. Many on these boards have struggled with family as you are. Ultimately it is your and your husband's decision. We are here to support you every step of the way. Welcome!

Ann Marie (29)Moderator for "Ask the Experienced"
DH: Matt (32)
PIH/PE/Low Amniotic Fluid
Luke 3/17/04--37 weeks after 15 weeks of bedrest
ann marie

Postby denise » Tue Jul 20, 2004 06:18 pm

by denise (5480 Posts), Tue Jul 20, 2004 06:18 pm

How does your husband feel about having another child? I understand that your family is concerned, but it really is yours and his decision. I agree with others on seeing a peri again and talking with them about TTC. Just remember you are not alone! We are here to support you no matter what you choose! We won't think badly of you either! Many of us here have been ill and our families think we are nuts for trying again, but it's a decision that has to be made with you, your DH, and your doctor. Good luck with whatever path you take.

Ariana-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP Syndrome/pre-e: 4 lbs, 17 1/2 inches

Will start TTC in October!!

http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm
denise

Postby lisac » Tue Jul 20, 2004 07:42 pm

by lisac (247 Posts), Tue Jul 20, 2004 07:42 pm

Hi Michelle,

Its good to hear from you again! I still remember following your pregnancy on the board; your healthy pregnancy was an inspiration to me after also having had a loss. My feeling is that there is nothing at all selfish about trying to bring a child into this world. Its done out of a desire to nurture and love. Particularly, for women like us who have been through so much, its an act of courage and love.
Lisa
lisac

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia