talk or explode...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
michelle

Re : talk or explode...

Postby michelle » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:43 am

thank you for your response. I saw a peri with Travler. We went to Dallas practically once a week until he got here. I talked with Dr Andersen about this shortly after Travler was born. he was more concerned with chrom problems than preeclampsia. Being diligent is not a problem.

Michelle

Michelle

angelkat

Re : talk or explode...

Postby angelkat » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:27 am

Hi Michelle and welcome....

Do I think your crazy.... NOPE not at all!....
My story starts over 14 years ago with the birth of my oldest son. I had PE with him but got to 37 weeks then 2 years later had another boy at 34 weeks due to PE. Two years ago (new husband etc) we had a little girl. PE hit hard and strong and had no choice but to dilv at 25 weeks (she lived for 3 1.2 months) We are currently 32 weeks preg (33 wks tomorrow) and will dilv at 35 weeks as long as the Amino is ok. So I can completely understand your wants and needs for another child. I didn't even think about telling my family until I was 3 to 4 months preg as I didn't want to hear the complaints from them like how crazy I was for going thru it again.

My advise would be seek the advise of a Peri (high risk doctor) first. Have a list of questions, and a game plan from the get go. Sure it's ALOT of work going back and fourth to the doctors twice a week but I know that I am getting the best care for me and my little boy.

Good luck and let us know how you make out and what you decide....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V

michelle

talk or explode...

Postby michelle » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:16 am

Hello everyone, I am not new to the website but I am new to this topic. I am the mother of a 10 month old baby boy who is my only successful pregnancy in 3 attempts. I lost my first baby at 12 weeks and my second precious angel at 6 months due to preeclampsia. Travler arrived at 34.5 weeks a bit small but totally healthy. He is a beautiful, funny and smart little boy that makes my life so happy.

I have no place to talk about what is on my heart because my family will not hear my thoughts before they turn on the drama.

I want another baby.

I am 41 years old and my husband in 49. My preeclampsia with was severe with my second child but I did not have it with Travler. I have been reading the stats and articles on having a baby over 35. Bottom line ... I want to have another baby. Am i crazy? Am I totally selfish?

I want some rational and calm thoughts. The thing about the forum that I love is that you can talk to people you do not know but feel welcome. There is a place in my heart for another baby. I want Travler to have a brother or a sister.

I am burdened with this decision and I feel very alone.

Thank you,

Michelle (in Texas)

Michelle

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”