Here we go!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Here we go!

Postby flori » Fri May 25, 2012 02:38 am

Had another preconception consult today with a different MFM. He said the same things as the other MFM but he did say we could try NOW if we wanted, despite me still being overweight. My bp is controlled- 120/83 today- which is what he would be most concerned with. So I guess we're officially ttc.

Hubs and I made the deal that I will continue to exercise and eat well until the + and I will take it easy afterwards. It feels good to know we're moving forward, but part of me still wonders if I should be lighter.
Flori, 30
Mommy to Gracie- born at 25 weeks 03/15/11, 11 inches, 1.1lbs, and absolutely beautiful. Became my sweet angel the next day.
flori

Re: Here we go!

Postby cgoodi1 » Fri May 25, 2012 06:43 am

Good luck! I'm thinking of you! Hopefully my test results will come back ok and I'll get to ttc this summer :)
Stillbirth - 21 weeks gestation due to severe preeclampsia, HELLP and IUGR - 15/02/12
Baby girl Aria - Induced due to high blood pressure at 36 weeks + 2 days - 7lbs 3oz - 05/03/13
cgoodi1

Postby MomTimesThree » Fri May 25, 2012 06:16 pm

Sending baby dust! Glad the consult went well and you heard similar info. :)
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Fri May 25, 2012 08:01 pm

Good luck Flori!
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby flori » Sun May 27, 2012 08:22 pm

Thank you, friends!

I have something I'd like everyones opinion on:

The newest MFM mentioned in passing that after 12 weeks the pre-e card has already been dealt and there's no taking it back (at least that's what I gathered, I asked hubs about it and he remembers doc saying 10 weeks). I asked him about his thoughts on stress and pre-e and he believes it could play a role, especially early on. So my thinking is this: if I take a leave around the time of the + and take it easy during that critical time, could it help my odds? If I get pregnant near the holidays work will be more stressful than usual.

I'd return to work after the 12 weeks, hopefully to a modified schedule. I did bring up bedrest but he said that the stress of being unemployed would be more stressful than work. I disagree because we could survive on my husband's pay alone if need be.

Thoughts?
Flori, 30
Mommy to Gracie- born at 25 weeks 03/15/11, 11 inches, 1.1lbs, and absolutely beautiful. Became my sweet angel the next day.
flori

Postby kerisue » Tue May 29, 2012 10:57 pm

I remember reading a research article correlating high stress with higher incidences of pregnancy complications (I don't remember the details though I believe it was discussed on this forum at one point); however, Caryn- who is much more up on the good research than me- recently posted information on a study showing no correlation. Here's the link to that thread:
http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewt ... 28&t=27712

Personally, if I didn't have to work while pregnant (for income and health insurance) or could work a modified schedule, I would, but it's an individual choice for sure.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Jun 06, 2012 07:29 pm

I havent been on here in a while. I wanted to say that if I could not work I wouldn't. I just got a positive test this sunday. I am 6 weeks....long road ahead I know. Last pregnancy I worked so hard was so worried about bills and work . This time, I am cutting way back and if need be I won't work. Scary because I make a bit more then my husband but I will do what I have to do this time to keep as calm and relaxed as possible. Sending you lots of baby dust!!
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby flori » Mon Jun 11, 2012 07:20 pm

Holly, I can't believe I missed this. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. :)
Flori, 30
flori

Postby jjdavis7 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 06:20 pm

flori wrote:Had another preconception consult today with a different MFM. He said the same things as the other MFM but he did say we could try NOW if we wanted, despite me still being overweight. My bp is controlled- 120/83 today- which is what he would be most concerned with. So I guess we're officially ttc.

Hubs and I made the deal that I will continue to exercise and eat well until the + and I will take it easy afterwards. It feels good to know we're moving forward, but part of me still wonders if I should be lighter.

If you don't mind me asking, how overweight are you? My husband and I are thinking of ttc soon, but I don't know if I should lose weight first. My doctor is so nonchalant about the whole situation... it really kind of worries me. I don't know if i should see a MFM or not. I delivered my son at 32+6 due to severe rapid onset pre-e on 3/15/10.
jjdavis7

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia