preparing for pregnancy post severe PE at 26 weeks

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

preparing for pregnancy post severe PE at 26 weeks

Postby bsherricca » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:50 am

I posted in another forum as well but here goes :

i developed severe PE at 26 weeks and infant died in utero (IUGR ). During my 6 week review a few days ago the doctor suggested i take low dose birth control to normalize my periods as i have PCOS ......Has anyone else recieved this advice from their doc and if yes were you able to get pregnant sucessfully a second time after coming off the pill ? i ask as i would like to try for a 2nd pregnancy

also the dr strongly advised that i keep my weight within normal range as he said high BMI ups the risk for PE ...i met with a nutritionist who suggested diet detox before starting new diet changes and excercise ....has anyone ever done diet detox ? are these safe and do they affect / interfere with fertility ?

nervous, scared and going through post traumatic stress any advice is welcome ..thanks !!!
bsherricca

Re: preparing for pregnancy post severe PE at 26 weeks

Postby blythe » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Welcome! We try to keep discussions clear and minimize duplicate posts, so I'm going to lock this post and ask folks to answer on your other post:

http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewt ... 72#p350372

Please keep asking questions!
Heather, mom to
#1 7-18-03 - 5#8oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#2 8-11-06 - 6#14oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#3 9-10-09 - 5#10oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
blythe

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia