Hate waiting LOL

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re: Hate waiting LOL

Postby bsherricca » Mon Sep 10, 2012 03:39 pm

i can so relate to this post ...having a hard time trying to convince my husband that its time to try again and here i was thinking i was the one traumatised by this whole thing :) ....i just hope he comes around (no pun intended) before i lose my nerve because although it has only been a few short months i almost feel like the longer we wait the more afraid i will be to try again ...he has said lets give it another month but i swear time has never moved so slowly LOL .....scared but hopeful esp since i now realise sadly i am not alone .. good luck and chin up
bsherricca

Postby sam10 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 03:50 pm

When my UC is bad, I am mostly bothered by raw/undercooked foods. I won't tolerate salads (lettuce), fresh fruits (e.g, apples are very bad) and need my veggies cooked a lot longer; yoghurt/milk I never tolerate unless it is lactose free. An overload on gluten is also not good. Meats and greasy foods, chocolate and junk food somehow don't bother be at all.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby princess purr » Mon Sep 10, 2012 06:10 pm

I think gluten is starting to bother me as well. I am not doing so hot with large amount of pasta and I used to be okay with it. Whole wheat is a problem for me. Ugh!!! It is funny because I have always preferred over cooked food.. maybe that is why because I knew it made my stomach hurt less with out really knowing. I wonder if I can convince hubby to go get me some lactaid chocolate milk... hmmm I could so go for a glass!
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Postby tree » Thu Sep 13, 2012 09:09 pm

Val - my Mom shares your love of overcooked foods, probably for the same reason. She has almost always had trouble with fresh fruits and vegetables because of her UC, but it has been much worse over the last five years or so.
Did they test you for celiac or gluten sensitivity? I used to have problems with too much gluten, but it stopped bothering me a year or two ago. My GI tested for celiac a few months ago. I wasn't too surprised that it came back negative since gluten only bothers me sometimes. I would rather give up gluten and get veggies back, but we don't get to pick. At least we all have chocolate!
I hope the waiting is not driving you too crazy this week.
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby princess purr » Thu Sep 13, 2012 09:49 pm

The doc ran blood work and it was negative for celiac. The week went by pretty fast, but I messed up the date, the peri appointment is on Wednesday, my hair appointment is on Tuesday LOL. Ugh,so I have a whole extra day to wait. I'm pretty sure I know what he is doing to say... but I still need to hear him say it! Hopefully the OBGYN appointment will go well on Thursday and then we can get the adventure started.
I'm wondering if I mash my veggies or get a baby food grinder if I would tolerate them better? I need to figure out a way to get some veggies in me. I have been scared to eat any veggies or fruit all week and my stomach has been doing much better. I think tomorrow night I will try some veggies again and see what happens. I could keep myself for not keep a detailed log over the years because that would have me further along on this journey.
Now if I could just get the sinus headache to go away I would be getting somewhere!
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Postby Raposa » Fri Sep 14, 2012 05:59 am

Maybe make a soup? You can cook potatoes and the veggies you want in broth until tender, then run 'em through a blender. I do that to make really smooth, lovely soups that help get veggies.
1st son, induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e, born 6/18/10.
2nd son, c-section at 37 weeks due to hypertension, born 1/15/13.
Raposa

Postby tree » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:58 am

The soup/puree/overcook approach has worked well for me recently. Cooked carrots, green beans, squash, and other softer things are supposed to be better than more fiberous veggies like broccoli or cabbage. I hope your hair appointment is a good distraction from waiting for the peri.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby princess purr » Fri Sep 14, 2012 09:10 pm

I had chicken and broccoli today for lunch... really hoping that it doesn't upset my stomach because I love broccoli, but I know it is one of those no no veggies. I think veggie soup is a great idea! I love soup, and my hubby loves to try cooking new things so maybe I can have him make some different kinds. Tomorrow I'm going to go to my normal doc for my sinus headache. This week is going to be sooooooo busy... Saturday normal doc, tuesday hair doc (LOL), wednesday peri, wednesday night I have an event at work, Thursday is the normal OBGYN... WOW not to mention my normal work week (other then thursday, I figure between the peri appointment and the OBGYN appointment I am going to need a day with my thoughts... which may turn out to be a horrible idea!)
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
princess purr

Postby tree » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:02 pm

The "hair doctor" appointment is just as critical as the others. I finally went in after I realized I could not remember the last time I had gotten it cut. Bad long hippie hair... I just couldn't find the time to do it with the other stupid doctors appointments.
Let's hope that we both get a pass on lunch today. I realized too late the the only vegetarian thing in the cafeteria today was ratatouille, which I have a serious love/hate relationship with. I love it, it hates me. I hope your broccoli is kind. I really love that stuff, but I have almost given it up.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby princess purr » Sat Sep 15, 2012 07:17 am

Broccoli was a fail for me :-( Stomach bad been doing well all week and this morning it is really upset. So not cool!!! Maybe I need to add another doc to my list.. a dietitian. Oh broccoli, why have you betrayed me! LOL
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
princess purr

PreviousNext

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia