Anyone had VERY early preeclampsia? Trying or tried again?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Anyone had VERY early preeclampsia? Trying or tried again?

Postby whereowhere » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:57 pm

I delivered and lost my twins at exactly 21 weeks. I just did a frozen embryo transfer of one embryo on Saturday, we will see if I get a positive pregnancy test. But, just wondering if others with preeclampsia as early as mine have tried or are trying agin. My docs tell me they don't have many stats on my situation because a lot of women don't try again after having it so early. But my doc and perinatologist are not discouraging me. Anyone else out there or know of anyone with it as early as me, and tried or are pregnant again?
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

Lost my beautiful boy & girl twins at 21 weeks to severe preeclampsia-2012
Mommy & Daddy will love you forever my sweet babies!

Pregnant again, due September 26, 2013. Praying for a pre-e free pregnancy.

Delivered a healthy baby girl at exactly 37 weeks, pre-e free! Had some hypertension post-partum but resolved with BP meds.



C-section planned for September 5, 2013 at exactly 37 weeks.
whereowhere
Registered User
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 04:18 pm

Re: Anyone had VERY early preeclampsia? Trying or tried agai

Postby angieb » Tue Oct 09, 2012 07:46 am

I had symptoms at 21 weeks but wasn't diagnosed/delivered until 23 weeks in my first pregnancy. In my second, I made it to 36 weeks without getting sick, currently pregnant again and 34 weeks (a little more drama this time, but not bad enough to deliver and not preeclampsia or HELLP yet).

I have a friend who had it at 18 weeks and made it to 33 or 34 weeks the second time. (Her user name on here is joker).

Good luck!
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/
angieb
Registered User
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 01:38 am

Re: Anyone had VERY early preeclampsia? Trying or tried agai

Postby sam10 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 04:36 pm

The question of re-occurrence of PE/HELLP in a subsequent pregnancy depends on many different factors. If you had early onset in a previous pregnancy, doctors like to put you at higher risk. However, they usually also look at your medical history and severity of your PE case and based on all the info can give you an estimate. I am sure your doctors have done that.
My MFM put at at about 30% based on my previous pregnancy, but he did not discourage me to try again. During the early stages of pregnancy he even knocked off some percentage points due to my low BP and all looking just fine. So far,all looks good. I hit 32 weeks without any issues so far (knock on wood).

I will keep my fingers crossed that your transferred embryo will stick and grow to a healthy take home baby.

Let us know how it goes.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE


Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1428
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:04 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Anyone had VERY early preeclampsia? Trying or tried agai

Postby whereowhere » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:47 am

Thank you so much for your replies. I was given a 60% chance of recurrence, but not necessarily it recurring that early and possibly in a milder form. I pray I can be of the 40%!!!
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

Lost my beautiful boy & girl twins at 21 weeks to severe preeclampsia-2012
Mommy & Daddy will love you forever my sweet babies!

Pregnant again, due September 26, 2013. Praying for a pre-e free pregnancy.

Delivered a healthy baby girl at exactly 37 weeks, pre-e free! Had some hypertension post-partum but resolved with BP meds.



C-section planned for September 5, 2013 at exactly 37 weeks.
whereowhere
Registered User
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 04:18 pm

Re: Anyone had VERY early preeclampsia? Trying or tried agai

Postby jules2 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 03:22 pm

I had pre-eclampsia symptoms from 25 weeks and my first daughter was stillborn at 26.

my next pregnancy was normal (apart from a malpresentation - transverse lie - at the end). I am now 35 weeks on pregnancy 3, also normal.

I was given a estimate of risk recurrence of 30-50% for the second pregnancy. In fact, my docs were almost certain I would develop at least gestational hypertension. But nothing happened.

Its hard to understand but each pregnancy can really be totally different - I hope that is the case for you too.
May 2009 - Alice stillborn at 26 weeks due to severe PE and HELLP post-partum

2 early miscarriages

And then 4th pregnancy baby girl due 29th December 2010! Born safely after totally normal pregnancy on 17th December.
jules2
Registered User
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 06:26 am

Re: Anyone had VERY early preeclampsia? Trying or tried agai

Postby cgoodi1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:18 am

I had preeclampsia and Hellp at 21 weeks in my last pregnancy and lost the baby since it was obviously too small. I am currently pregnant for the second time and have made it to 15 weeks. I'm on modified bed rest since at work my pressure readings were high but now that I'm off everything is good. I feel much better than the last time so I'm hoping it's a good sign!
Stillbirth - 21 weeks gestation due to severe preeclampsia, HELLP and IUGR - 15/02/12
Baby girl Aria - Induced due to high blood pressure at 36 weeks + 2 days - 7lbs 3oz - 05/03/13
cgoodi1
Registered User
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 09:27 pm

Re: Anyone had VERY early preeclampsia? Trying or tried agai

Postby gratiana » Fri Nov 02, 2012 05:22 pm

I had mild PE at 23 weeks that progressed rapidly to severe PE/HELLP with delivery at 25 weeks last time. My doctors said I was at increased risk for recurrence since it developed so early, but lower risk since I don't have any of the underlying conditions (hypertension, weight issues) that tend to accompany PE & HELLP. They wouldn't give me odds, but encouraged me to try again—again, mentioning that every pregnancy is different and even if PE does recur, it often happens later and less severely. I'm now 20 weeks with #2, no symptoms so far, fingers crossed!
Age 37
Pre-eclampsia and Stage IV HELLP, c-section at 25.6 weeks. RIP Felix (July 25-Sep 27 2011).
Expecting #2 in early March 2013. So far, so good!
gratiana
Registered User
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 08:48 pm

Re: Anyone had VERY early preeclampsia? Trying or tried agai

Postby Danielle.Q » Sat Mar 16, 2013 09:22 am

I developed severe preeclampsia with my first pregnancy at 21 weeks and lost my little girl at 22 weeks on Oct. 11th, 2011. I am now 24 & 1/2 weeks pregnant and everything so far is absolutely perfect. I take a baby aspirin everyday and have no underlying conditions except for a tendency to high bp especially when nervous. I can't believe I made it this far. It's been scary and the days have started going by so slow. But so happy my baby girl is thriving! I am so sorry for your loss. Try and be strong for the next one. Have hope!
Danielle.Q
Registered User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:52 pm


Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests