New/Reply FAQ Members Login

Peri appt went well...on to TTC - UPDATE

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Peri appt went well...on to TTC - UPDATE

Postby for faith » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:25 am

Hi everyone ~ Had my peri appt on Thursday and it went well. I didn't realize that this was the same dr I had seen briefly when I had a level II u/s with my daughter and when I was in the hospital with PE complications after her birth. That made me feel really comfortable.

They took about 15 vials of blood for every test imaginable, I was so glad about that. She told me with my history (she said I did have mild PE with my son, it just didn't progress as far as with my daughter), she thought I had 50-60% of PE again. She would watch me very closely, doing lots of u/s and labs to catch things very early. She said be prepared for bed rest. She gave me a lot of background info of PE (most of which I knew from here [:)]. She said that all of the extra types of supplements haven't been proven to do anything for PE, but she does want me taking a baby aspirin even if the testing doesn't come back with anything. I was suprised my BP was a little high when I went in, but think it was just the being there because normally it is fine. I am going to continue checking it though at home to make sure there is no issue.

We are going to wait another cycle to see how the tests come back, but should be trying by the end of August!!!!

This is a great forum, thanks for listening.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Re : Peri appt went well...on to TTC - UPDATE

Postby frasiah » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:01 am

HI Jill, you and I seem to be in the same boat. My dr would like us to wait another cycle before we can start TTC again. So we should start trying towards the end of August. But I am so impatient, the time cannot go soon enough for me. Here is to both of us and to a successful pregnancy soon!!!

Frasiah
DD sev PE
frasiah
Forum Moderator

Postby sandy » Tue Jul 27, 2004 05:13 pm

Hi Jill, Great to hear it went so well. Yes, I had the 15 viles of blood taken back in March just after my pre-conception consult as well. Isn't that a crazy amount of blood to have taken? I guess it's good they're being thorough.

Just wanted to say that I'm glad to hear it's going well and that you may be TTC for #2 next month!

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

Risk factors: HBP/asthma/high cholesterol

CAUGHT THE EGG!! Estimated hatch date: 3/20/05
sandy

Postby tracey » Tue Jul 27, 2004 05:46 pm

Hi Jill
I was wondering how your appt went. In fact, I was considering making a post to ask you!
Glad to hear it all went well.

I will be watching for a positive from you (and you too, Frasiah!). I hope it comes very quickly for you both. [:D]

Tracey
mama to
angel Ila Elizabeth (02.06.04),
pea-in-the-pod, EDD 04.01.05
tracey

Postby ann marie » Tue Jul 27, 2004 06:02 pm

Jill,

I'm so glad that your appointment went well and that you are comfortable with your perinatologist. That makes all the difference! Wishing you +++ very soon[:I].

Ann Marie (29)Moderator for "Ask the Experienced"
DH: Matt (32)
PIH/PE/Low Amniotic Fluid
Luke 3/17/04--37 weeks after 15 weeks of bedrest
ann marie

Postby bridget » Tue Jul 27, 2004 06:43 pm

Hi Jill....good luck next month! It sounds like you are in good hands.

Bridget
DS 06/02 (39 weeks, pe, postpartum hemorrhage)
m/c 11/03, 05/04, 07/04
TTC #2 very soon
bridget

Postby denise » Tue Jul 27, 2004 07:02 pm

Glad to hear your appt went well Jill! Hope you get a +++ real soon!

Ariana-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP Syndrome/pre-e: 4 lbs, 17 1/2 inches

Will start TTC in October!!

http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm
denise

Postby wcarder » Wed Jul 28, 2004 06:47 am

YAY! Good luck! ( and have fun (;
Wendy
DD ~ Kenzie Celeste, 30 weeks GA, severe PE
wcarder

Postby susan belisle » Wed Jul 28, 2004 07:07 am

Jill-

I am right with you. I meet with my Peri last Tues and like you I had seen him for the level 2 u/s and didn't realize he was a peri. And like you I had things going on in my last pg that I didn't know about until the meeting with him. I was told that we had a 2 ou of 3 chance of getting Pre-e again. Which really means 66%. Funny how you can find out so much when you simply ask. We are also looking into ttc at the end of Aug early Sept.

Here's to learning more about each other though the next few months with our happy healthy pgs!!!

Susan
Interuption 06/23/01 @20 wks
Carly 04/24/02 30 wks 3lbs 6 oz
ttc again with pg induced hypertention
susan belisle

Postby angelkat » Wed Jul 28, 2004 09:20 am

Jill,
That is wonderful news!!!.... I can't wait to hear your preg!!!!

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia