Peri appt went well...on to TTC - UPDATE

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
Registered User
Posts: 1138
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 09:58 am

Re : Peri appt went well...on to TTC - UPDATE

Postby sandy » Tue Jul 27, 2004 05:13 pm

Hi Jill, Great to hear it went so well. Yes, I had the 15 viles of blood taken back in March just after my pre-conception consult as well. Isn't that a crazy amount of blood to have taken? I guess it's good they're being thorough.

Just wanted to say that I'm glad to hear it's going well and that you may be TTC for #2 next month!

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

Risk factors: HBP/asthma/high cholesterol

CAUGHT THE EGG!! Estimated hatch date: 3/20/05

Forum Moderator
Posts: 1074
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:09 am

Re : Peri appt went well...on to TTC - UPDATE

Postby frasiah » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:01 am

HI Jill, you and I seem to be in the same boat. My dr would like us to wait another cycle before we can start TTC again. So we should start trying towards the end of August. But I am so impatient, the time cannot go soon enough for me. Here is to both of us and to a successful pregnancy soon!!!

DD sev PE

for faith
Registered User
Posts: 1749
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 02:15 pm

Peri appt went well...on to TTC - UPDATE

Postby for faith » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:25 am

Hi everyone ~ Had my peri appt on Thursday and it went well. I didn't realize that this was the same dr I had seen briefly when I had a level II u/s with my daughter and when I was in the hospital with PE complications after her birth. That made me feel really comfortable.

They took about 15 vials of blood for every test imaginable, I was so glad about that. She told me with my history (she said I did have mild PE with my son, it just didn't progress as far as with my daughter), she thought I had 50-60% of PE again. She would watch me very closely, doing lots of u/s and labs to catch things very early. She said be prepared for bed rest. She gave me a lot of background info of PE (most of which I knew from here [:)]. She said that all of the extra types of supplements haven't been proven to do anything for PE, but she does want me taking a baby aspirin even if the testing doesn't come back with anything. I was suprised my BP was a little high when I went in, but think it was just the being there because normally it is fine. I am going to continue checking it though at home to make sure there is no issue.

We are going to wait another cycle to see how the tests come back, but should be trying by the end of August!!!!

This is a great forum, thanks for listening.

mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests