Had underlying disorder testing today

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Had underlying disorder testing today

Postby AmandaS » Thu Feb 21, 2013 07:01 pm

Went to my doctor today and she did underlying condition blood work. She did a thrombophilia panel and APS (antiphospholipid syndrom), and MTHFR workup, as well as tested Factor V Leiden and lups anticoagulant. My bp was high at the office, but I brought in my cuff and we checked it with that too...My cuff is working great and my pressures at home are 110-120...avg 112-115 over 68-80 avg 70-75 at home even though at the doc on both cuffs I read 140/90...so she is not worried since my bp is only up there. She talked about the vascular relationship between migraines, raynauds, and pre-e. She started me on prenatal vitamins, I got my B-12 shot I get every 3 months, and I will be starting on baby asprin when we get this going. She is getting my records from my old OB and the hospital in SC and then is referring me to a peri in Louisiana that I will see for a preconception appt. at my mom's in March. ( I am in alaska and will not be delivering here and will have to leave the island early. We do not have OB's or a hospital)
I still do have a fairly decent sized fibroid but is is not causing me any issues at the time, so she said to wait and see what the peri thinks of it, but she doesn't think it will cause a problem other than a risk of miscarriage if it implants near it. Anyway, I feel good that I am finally having the test done and then we will go from there. Anyone else been tested for underlying disorders?
I'm back! Formally [b]hhbeachgurl[/b] on here :)
Pregnant again after pre-e
Amanda-31
DH-41
DD-7 (BP rise 27 weeks, PE diagnosis at 29 weeks...delivered at 35 weeks...+4 reflexes, 3 beats clonus, severe cerebral edema.)
AmandaS

Re: Had underlying disorder testing today

Postby sam10 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 09:05 am

Have you gotten any results back yet?
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia