should I or shouldn't I???

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1809
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:56 am
Location: Texas

Re: should I or shouldn't I???

Postby alviarin » Tue May 07, 2013 01:55 pm

If I were you I'd schedule a pre-conception consultation with a MFM specializing in high risk pregnancies:

They should be able to give a better idea of your odds of a successful pregnancy based on your individual medical history.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:02 am

should I or shouldn't I???

Postby jisbonshipper » Fri Mar 08, 2013 03:36 am

Just a little background on me...
I have a 17 year old, no medical problems with that pregnancy. She was born small at just a little over 5 pounds but healthy. Three years later I married a different man and we had a bp problems....two years later, hmmout daughter was born. She says tiny and airlifted to a hospital with an nicu although she was term. I found out at that time that my bp was 170/110. Doc put me on 3 different bp meds and an ER doc took me off 3 months later. In 2006 I have birth to a surrogate daughter, once again no bp problems until right after birth. Crazy high readings again but I KNEW I was feeling bad due to my bp. I was back in bp meds and developed white coat syndrome and anxiety. Just looking at a blood pressure monitor raises my readings. About 2 years ago I was diagnosed with chronic hypertension. I take a beta blocker that controls my pressure pretty well but really stressful moments still gets my bp quite high. After the loss of my mother I ended up in the ER to get clonidine toget my pressure down. Pressure was crazy high again at 180/ 110 and doc recommended yoga on top of meds. Hubby was afraid after the surrobabe was born and decided to get a vasectomy because the doc said it was in my best interest. Now, I'm 37 and hubby 42 and we find ourselves wanting another child. Am I crazy for thinking it may be possible to have a healthy pregnancy and child? We have recently gone vegetarian to become healthier and lose weight . Should I just give up on this dream? We want a child badly and looking at donor sperm but I'm afraid to get too excited. Afraid now that I'm older, heavier, hypertensive_ maybe I need to just let go of that dream and just be happy with the children I have been blessed with. We are finally at a good time in our life and am not getting any younger...I just don't know what to do. I would love to hear success stories, but if my age and health make having a baby a bad choice/ decision,I need to hear that. Please don't sugar coat...I just really need someadvice. Do I get excited? Or do I just give up? Thanks for any replies...

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests