Anyone have a period and still turned out to be pregnant?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Anyone have a period and still turned out to be pregnant?

Postby tstinnette0319 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 04:28 pm

Hi Ladies-
I was on this site for my second pregnancy and was very glad to have the support of the woman on this forum. Well, my husband and I are TTC again for our third and last. We are hoping for a boy, since we have two girls, but a healthy baby is what matters. I have uterine didelphy (duplicate uterus, two cervix and two vaginas) and I had PE with both my pregnancies. Both of my daughter's were born at 27 weeks at one pound and a few oz. One is now 9 yrs old and the other is 2 - perfectly healthy girls :). Anyway, I have a question that is probably very stupid, but I wanted to ask anyway. I was due for my period yesterday and it did come on time. But, unusual for me, I started cramping (like implantation cramping) five days earlier, with bloating and water gain and overall just tired. I have been going to the bathroom frequently as well. In essence, I thought I was pregnant, but every HPT came back with a BFN. My husband and I BD on the night when I had extreme EWM with a positive ovulation kit result. But, my period is here and is heavier and more painful than any of my periods. Is there a chance I can still be pregnant? I know that there are cases of woman with duplicate uterus who are pregnant in one uterus, and can still have a period in the other. In fact, with both of my pregnancies, every month, like clock work, I had bleeding with a little cramping. I had to go get an ultrasound every time to be sure that it was not a miscarriage. Does anyone have experience with this or know of any cases yourself? I could just take another pregnancy test, but I feel kind of weird doing it at this point. Any feedback you can provide would be very appreciated. Thank you!

Torian
tstinnette0319

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia