Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Pregnancy after HELLP?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Pregnancy after HELLP?

Postby mulholland.miracles » Wed Feb 19, 2014 01:35 pm

by mulholland.miracles (8 Posts), Wed Feb 19, 2014 01:35 pm

Looking to connect with other women who have had another pregnancy following HELLP. I had severe preeclampsia with my first pregnancy, delivered at 27 weeks, with my second delivered at 31 weeks under general anesthesia, also had cholestasis , severe preeclampsia and gestational diabetes.

Have a consult tomorrow with ***** at the ***** . Wondering if anyone has had an experience with her, or can recommend anyone who specializes with hellp and severe preeclampsia
mulholland.miracles

Re: Pregnancy after HELLP?

Postby caryn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:31 am

by caryn (10124 Posts), Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:31 am

Welcome!

I had to edit out the doctor and facility names, but anyone near Philly should feel free to contact you privately and share information about the doctors they've liked. FWIW, I think the one you're seeing for the consult looks very qualified to manage a patient with the immune responses you've got going on - someone who's first author on publications looking at first trimester diagnostic tests using complement factors.

Outside of pregnancy, do you have any chronic conditions or underlying autoimmune diseases?
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re: Pregnancy after HELLP?

Postby mulholland.miracles » Thu Feb 20, 2014 09:57 pm

by mulholland.miracles (8 Posts), Thu Feb 20, 2014 09:57 pm

nope, I do not have any underlying autoimmune disorders. I did see the Dr I mentioned today, and she did say she thinks it would be ok to try again, not its just getting ,my husband convinced..!!!! :| :| :| :| :| :|
mulholland.miracles

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia