Need help to take the risk again

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
archu1983
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:38 am

Re: Need help to take the risk again

Postby archu1983 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 03:43 pm

Thank you so much Jehn. I will definitely follow your opinion. My husband also has been talking about this idea.

jenh
Registered User
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 03:02 pm

Re: Need help to take the risk again

Postby jenh » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:01 am

I would definitely get a second opinion from a perinatologist/maternal-fetal-medicine specialist. They deal with women like us all the time and won't be as scared by our history as OBs. I'm so sorry for your loss. I haven't lost a child to PE, though I've had three miscarriages, but I've had PE three times. Two of those times were very severe. Yet I'm six weeks pregnant tomorrow. I have a great team that monitors me closely, and I am proactive about my symptoms. It is a tough decision to try again, but don't let one scared doctor make it for you.
Jen
Wife to Brett 6/30/02
Mom to Ethne Joy 10/12/03, 35 weeks, severe PE
Mom to Catie Grace 12/8/06, 37 weeks, mild PE
Mom to Riley Faith and Gavin Arthur 7/7/09, 36 weeks, PIH 22 weeks, PE 31 weeks, severe post partum PE
Mom to four angels Grace (12/15/05), Ian (7/28/08), Declan (5/23/15), and Lucy (11/24/15)

archu1983
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:38 am

Need help to take the risk again

Postby archu1983 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 04:45 pm

Hi,
I am new member of this forum. I am still recovering from Preeclampsia and post trauma. I lost my child after going through emergency C-section. I moved out to a new place and started checking with doctors here. Knowing I am still young, I was getting hopes from my family that I can get pregnant again in 6 months to a year. With these hopes, I checked with a Gynecologist here to understand when to plan. She warned me to ask myself if I need another baby knowing the risk involved in this journey. This made me lose all the hopes that I had gathered earlier. Knowing, my family need me, it is a very tough decision and I am very confused now. Though I have more time to think about it, at this point, I really need advice if I need to visit a perinatologist for a second opinion or is there anyone who had experienced like me, if yes, have you attempted another baby knowing the risk involved and how did you make up your mind for that. PLEASE HELP so I can sleep well.


Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest