How to convince my husband we should try

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
jenh

Re: How to convince my husband we should try

Postby jenh » Wed May 03, 2017 03:17 pm

Is it *possible* that a woman would die while being closely monitored for PE? Yes. Is it *likely* that you would die while being closely monitored for PE? No. It may help your husband to go with you to a preconception appointment with an OB or MFM (high risk doctor). He can get an idea of how closely everyone will be watching you, how seriously they take it, and what kind of plan they can make for monitoring and management. If you're being watched closely and every symptom taken seriously, they will catch it and treat you before you're in that much danger.
Jen
Wife to Brett 6/30/02
Mom to Ethne Joy 10/12/03, 35 weeks, severe PE
Mom to Catie Grace 12/8/06, 37 weeks, mild PE
Mom to Riley Faith and Gavin Arthur 7/7/09, 36 weeks, PIH 22 weeks, PE 31 weeks, severe post partum PE
Mom to four angels Grace (12/15/05), Ian (7/28/08), Declan (5/23/15), and Lucy (11/24/15)

peachypie9

How to convince my husband we should try

Postby peachypie9 » Mon May 01, 2017 00:04 am

How did you convince your husband when you were ready to try for a second. I had my daughter at 33 weeks and had hellp. She was in nicu for 3 weeks. While I'm scared I know the next time I will be monitored more closely but my husband is terrified I'm going to die. I have an appointment with a new ob but I don't know what else to say to him to convince him we should try again. He just says what if u die the next time.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”