withdrawals.......

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

withdrawals.......

Postby steelsword328 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 02:46 pm

hey everyone---it's been quite awhile!! Our computer is still in the shop--had 3 viruses. It's almost ready and I'm so glad because I'm having withdrawals from not being able to visit you all as often. (I'm at work today- so I'm using the computer here!) But, there isn't much to update you about....af came again after a tease of a 29 day cycle (usually 26-28 days) and 3 days of spotting. I thought maybe, just maybe I was pg this time, but temp dropped this am and af showed up. Ok...we're going for month #4 now. Doc said he would see me after this month if no pg so he could start me on clomid. But, I think we will try another month or 2 beyond that. Even though I'm anxious and ready to get pg, I'm starting my new job next week and want to get aclamated with that. I'll be doing a day/night rotation for about a year and then straight days hopefully. If I get pg within the next 2 months--it'll be right around that time that I deliver (hopefull will go 40 wks this time!!) I don't want to go back to working nights after maternity leave.
Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. Welcome to all the newbies! I'll catch up on posts later!

Renee-mom to Alyssa 26 wkr, 1 lb 4 oz.-pre-eclampsia
now 2.5 years old and doing great!
ttc #2!!

Renee mom to Alyssa-26wkr-1lb 4oz.-severe PE-now a happy and healthy 2 year old!
TTC#2!!!!
steelsword328

Re : withdrawals.......

Postby bridget » Mon Aug 02, 2004 03:03 pm

Hi Renee- Good to hear from you. I am so sorry AF came. It sounds like you and your doctor have a plan- hopefully this will be your month and you won't need clomid. Can't wait to hear about your new job. You will be such a good support to the families.

I am currently in a holding pattern. I am still waiting for my Hcg levels to go back down after the last mc. I will get a re-draw on Friday and if they are still elevated I will need a d&c. I am disappointed because it will be a month Saturday since the mc, then we will probably have to wait two months to try again. I guess we have waited long enough- what's a couple more months. The chromosomal analysis we had done is taking two extra weeks to get back so I am also anxious about that. TOO MUCH WAITING!!

Good luck next week with your new job.
Take care,

Bridget
DS 06/02 (39 weeks, pe, postpartum hemorrhage)
m/c 11/03, 05/04, 07/04
TTC #2 very soon
bridget

Postby catherine » Mon Aug 02, 2004 05:51 pm

Bridget, sorry to hear that you're stuck in a holding pattern. On an optimistic BTDT basis, the D&C isn't so bad if it turns out to be necessary. I'm embarrassed to say that despite having one after my last m/c (Dec2000), I was pregnant again in Feb 2001! I guess being told to wait and listening are two incompatible things for me. The end result of that was Lucy.....

Fingers crossed for a happy and rapid resolution.

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby maxs mom » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:12 pm

Renee,
Sorry to hear AF came, what a bummer. I hope you get a +++ sign very soon! Keep us posted.
Kara

Kara (34)
DH, John (36)
Max, 1/20/03, 25 wks, 534g. (IUGR), severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mightymax/
maxs mom

Postby for faith » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:10 am

Renee ~ Sorry to hear about AF, best of luck this month. Good luck at your new job, sounds so exciting.

Take Care!!!

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia