May be PG, but....

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
maxs mom

Re : May be PG, but....

Postby maxs mom » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:45 am

Hi everyone,
I got to see the Dr. this morning. They did another PG tests and the nurse said she would guess due to the light line I am at most 4 1/2 weeks pregnant, which puts me where I thought I was. But I was confused as to what role the progestrone played. When the doctor saw me he said that even though I took the progestrone, it wouldn't have stopped AF, because it was already started. Kind of like you can't stop a diver mid-dive. He said he knew AF was coming last time he saw me, based on the ultra sound. What he didn't know was when. If AF was 3 weeks off, the progestrone would have influenced things, but since it was just a couple days off, it basically did nothing. So I guess I had a normal cycle and I probably ovulated around the same time we were doing the BD. So, the guess would be I am just pregnant at 4 weeks. He sent me to the lab to have HCG drawn, and i will go in again thursday for a second one. Hopefully those numbers will be going up and I can put my mind at ease.

Thanks to everyone for all of the support!
Kara

Kara (34)
DH, John (36)
Max, 1/20/03, 25 wks, 534g. (IUGR), severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mightymax/

tracey

Postby tracey » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:33 am

Hi Kara
Congratulations! How exciting!
Just thought I would add my own two cents here...
When I was pregnant with Ila, I got a +HPT at 13dpo. This pregnancy, I got a negative on 10dpo (which was obviously too soon, though some can get + then), and also a negative at 14dpo. With this negative, I was sure I was out of the running. The next day however, I was feeling "distinctly pregnant", but decided to hold off for a couple more days (aiming for 18dpo, which supposedly will give the most accurate result). On the night of 17dpo was when I got the +. I too was a little worried, thinking it was a delayed positive, and maybe the hormones weren't strong enough. A blood test through the doctor assured me my hormone levels were just fine. I am only 6.5-7.5 weeks along (early ovulation so until the dating ultrasound, I won't know officially!) but so far so good!

Tracey
mama to
angel Ila Elizabeth (02.06.04),
pea-in-the-pod, EDD 04.01.05

megansmom

Postby megansmom » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:43 pm

Well, as all the others have said, "a line is a line." CONGRATULATIONS! With Megan my cycles were long, so I put off testing for a while and always got a very dark line. With my sister though, she didn't get a line at all for a few weeks. She couldn't figure out what was going. She went on to have a very big, very healthy baby boy! So, good luck and let us know how it goes with the doctor.

~Amanda
Mama to Megan, severe PE with mild HELLP at 34 wks

Thinking about TTC later this year

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:38 pm

Here's to getting a quick doctors appt!!!!..... Good Luck!!

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(14)PE 37 wks
Ky (12)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey - 34wks Born 7/29/04
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/l ... ope&Sort=V

maxs mom

Postby maxs mom » Sun Aug 08, 2004 09:09 pm

Thanks everyone, you are all making me feel so much better. Now I am wondering, just how far along I might be? I am thinking maybe even longer now??? Can't wait to go to the doctor and have them tell me more.
Kara

Kara (34)
DH, John (36)
Max, 1/20/03, 25 wks, 534g. (IUGR), severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mightymax/

tinalowe

Postby tinalowe » Sun Aug 08, 2004 07:39 pm

Congrats!!!!!!! Like everyone has said a line is a line...mine was very faint when I was pg with Emma and I was 5 1/2 weeks when I tested!

Tina 23
DH Dereck 26

Emma Victoria stillborn 12-28-03 severe pre-e
ttc#2

5thtymachrm

Postby 5thtymachrm » Sun Aug 08, 2004 07:24 pm

Kara!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! A LINE IS A LINE!
boy do I wish I had all of you all's luck with getting pg! send that babydust my way!
I agree on getting the levels checked of hcg. I have to do that with all the m/c's I have had.

good luck! I am so excited for you!

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03 csec,PE,IUGR,chronic HBP,hypothyroid,asthma,hyperemesis,33wks on BR.
4 prev. m/c's
ttc #2 is a go!

ann marie

Postby ann marie » Sun Aug 08, 2004 06:59 pm

Kara,

A line is a line:) My line was so light with Luke that my husband refused to believe it was +[}:)]. He made me go to the store and get a different brand to be sure...still a faint line. I can only imagine the mixed feelings you have after all you've been through with Max. We're all here to support you in any way we can. I'm sure the doc will be able to tell you better about how far along you are. Congratulations.

Ann Marie (29)Moderator for "Ask the Experienced"
DH: Matt (32)
PIH/PE/Low Amniotic Fluid
Luke 3/17/04--37 weeks after 15 weeks of bedrest

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Sun Aug 08, 2004 01:47 pm

A line is a line.... CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(14)PE 37 wks
Ky (12)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey - 34wks Born 7/29/04
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/l ... ope&Sort=V

bridget

Postby bridget » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:09 am

Kara-
Congratulations!!! I know the first trimester is a crazy time....so much doubting and worrying. There are so many factors that could influence how dark your line is- how diluted your urine is, when you ovulated, when you implanted.....etc. Also, your hcg rises each day...you may have tested before a big rise for that day.
I understand your caution...you think so much about getting pregnant and then you do and it's like, "wait a minute, am I ready for all this worry?!!". I am sending you lots of positive vibes as well. Take care and keep us posted!!

Bridget
DS 06/02 (39 weeks, pe, postpartum hemorrhage)
m/c 11/03, 05/04, 07/04
TTC #2 very soon

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”