Baby mode

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
denise

Re : Baby mode

Postby denise » Wed Aug 18, 2004 06:03 pm

That is one thing I've learned this last month or so...I want to be pg NOW! I am on a baby kick so bad, and DH just laughs at me cuz he knows I'm not serious about TTC last month or this month. I've got so many friends who are pg or just found out they are pg and I am SOOOOOO jealous. Once you get it in your mind that the next pg is a go, but you have to wait for the time, it's a killer.[:p]

-------
Denise (28)
Jason (31)
Ariana (15 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
TTC #2 starting in October!
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm

alimarie

Postby alimarie » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:01 am

wendy,

i can relate to your feelings about dh and the frustration of the ups and downs he feels in regard to ttc. my dh went through the same thing. ever since we had our daughter i wanted him to tell me that he wanted to try for another one. he always said he may not want to after what happened. it made me very bitter at times as i always wanted more than one child. anyway, long story short after much time he has come to the point of looking forward to another one. we are currently ttc and hope to have another one soon. it is so hard to wait and see. good luck and let us know how you are@!

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)

TTC #2

5thtymachrm

Postby 5thtymachrm » Tue Aug 17, 2004 07:09 pm

Wendy..I too know that feeling. It is so irritating that we all have to go through so much prep to get pg! so unfair. I wish you luck and happiness in ttc!

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03 csec,PE,IUGR,chronic HBP,hypothyroid,asthma,hyperemesis,33wks on BR. 5 m/c's
ttc #2

susan belisle

Postby susan belisle » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:01 am

OH Wendy-

I know how you feel. I wanted my dd to be in my arms long before she was in my belly. Just remember the more you know about your health today could help you have a long sucessful pg. So this could work out for the best in the long run.

Susan
Interuption 06/23/01 @20 wks
Carly 04/24/02 30 wks 3lbs 6 oz
ttc again with pg induced hypertention

for faith

Postby for faith » Tue Aug 17, 2004 09:30 am

Sorry there is so much waiting I too have been so ready (actually don't really want to be pregnant, just want the end result, ha,ha we all do!!).

Hope the results come out good and a good plan is set, sounds like the dr is great. Hope DH handles things ok, that is great he is so concerned.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH (just told by peri it was mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02

julie f

Postby julie f » Tue Aug 17, 2004 09:24 am

Wendy,

Waiting can be sooo hard. It's like once you finally make the decision and get everyone on board, you just want to be pregnant TODAY, right now!

Talking w/doctors can freak my Dh out too. Fortunately, my OB has learned that DH and I need things to be broken down to us in different ways - God bless her! I would bet that if you talk to your Dr. in private, he could take a different approach when talking to DH, still giving him accurate info but, presenting it differently...

I hope your tests come back soon and with favorable results, keep us posted!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator

wcarder

Baby mode

Postby wcarder » Tue Aug 17, 2004 06:05 am

I am so sad right now. Sunday night, we went to visit our good friends and their brand new critter born on thursday. she was to die for, and my husband, daughter and I were OBSESSED. All three of us were chirping "ooo, let's have a baby! i want one...aww..." they eventually kicked us out. [:p] SO, I was feeling good about my husband getting so pumped to move forward with having a baby. He started getting really excited. Then I find out our good friends were pregnant, and we got pictures in the mail of DH cousins new baby - who you could just eat up, he's so sweet...And I just thought I couldn't wait another minute to start TTC. I'm so ready!

long story short, I went to the ob again yesterday to get my blood work reordered and get a referral to a peri and just discuss...I made the mistake of taking my husband, who is now terrorized again. Then there are financial issues that never occured to us before...which don't help my case. my insurance stinks...so, anyway, we still have to wait and get the blood work done again, go back and see what the doc says ~ who, by the way, is so awesome. he is so supportive and honest and thorough. I'm very lucky that he doesn't candy coat it to me...but I wonder if I can get him to start lying to my husband...[;)]

anyway, we are going to see if my aps tests are positive again. I also had low platlets and a positive ANA. Then there's the discussion of how my kidney disease will be treated during pg, and it's effect on PE reoccurrence...so much to worry about. *sigh* I am so tired of waiting...I'm feeling so inpatient and anxious, and worried, and sad. I thought by now I would be well on my way to baby number two...

ok, I know it's lengthy...stamp and print. Thanks for listening.

Wendy
DH~ Ryan
DD~ Kenzie Celeste, 30 weeks GA, severe PE

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”