Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Got a call from the Peri today

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : Got a call from the Peri today

Postby jenndola » Mon Aug 23, 2004 08:55 am

by jenndola (1851 Posts), Mon Aug 23, 2004 08:55 am

Good luck with the heparin! I honestly think you'll find that they're not as bad as you're expecting, especially when you know exactly why you're doing them. Just keep that goal in mind. We're all thinking good thoughts for you!

Missed miscarriage/D&C 14 weeks
Angel Maggie stillborn due to HELLP Syndrome & PIH at 19.5 wks
Miscarriage 6 weeks
Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
I'm putting my perinatologist's kids through college!
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1851
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:33 pm
Location: Utah

Re : Got a call from the Peri today

Postby megansmom » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:43 am

by megansmom (768 Posts), Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:43 am

Sending lots of happy thoughts your way! I hope the shots aren't nearly as bad as expected. Let's all hope for a boring nine months ahead!

Mama to Megan, severe PE with mild HELLP at 34 wks

Thinking about TTC later this year
Registered User
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 06:16 pm

Re : Got a call from the Peri today

Postby denise » Mon Aug 23, 2004 07:52 pm

by denise (5480 Posts), Mon Aug 23, 2004 07:52 pm

SOrry to hear about the shots. Good luck on BD'ing and hope you get a +++++ soon!

Denise (28)
Jason (31)
Ariana (15 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
TTC #2 starting in October!
Registered User
Posts: 5480
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 08:03 pm
Location: Central WI

Re : Got a call from the Peri today

Postby worrywart » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:10 am

by worrywart (109 Posts), Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:10 am

Sorry about the shots, but no sympathy here.....kidding[;)]. I have been on lovenox (a form of heparin) for the last 6 mos. Trust me it is not that bad!! In the beginning I freaked and cried, but it got better with time. The baby aspirin should be taken in conjunction with the heparin. They work in 2 different ways. Heparin works for the heart and aspirin for the arterial veins (lower extremeties). You should ask the dr if he recommends lovenox because that is a once a day shot and heparin is 2x a day. Lovenox is managed easily and does not require the blood work heparin does. At 32 weeks they can switch you over to heparin because it is out of your system faster and they have blood components to reverse the effects of heparin if necessary. Another worry is the epidural. If you take the shot and go into labor you cannot get an epi with any of the blood thinners. Normally you will be induced and shots stopped at the right timing. The aspirin is normally stopped 2-3 weeks before labor.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me.

Oh, and is low protein s the only issue??

Expecting # 2 - 12/19/04
Lovenox 40mg a day due to prothrombin factor 2
Registered User
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:51 am

Re : Got a call from the Peri today

Postby tracey » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:10 am

by tracey (919 Posts), Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:10 am

Sorry about the shots, but perhaps this will hold the key in enabling you to have a long and uneventful pregnancy! I have heard numerous women say they aren't that bad, and after awhile you get used to them. I hope this is the case for you, too!

Good luck with the BDing. Hope to see your ++ very soon!

mama to
angel Ila Elizabeth (02.06.04),
pea-in-the-pod, EDD 04.01.05
Registered User
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 06:36 pm

Re : Got a call from the Peri today

Postby susan belisle » Wed Aug 25, 2004 06:39 pm

by susan belisle (591 Posts), Wed Aug 25, 2004 06:39 pm

Thanks guys

My OBGYN called she is leaving my practice. MAN?! The last guy I saw was with me for 7 years now I am an OBGYN orphan so to speak. But they are a team of 8 and I like most of them so i will be ok. Anyhow she says that the heprin should help prolong the pg. It could take my chances of getting pre-e down from 66% to 50%. And the level of severity could be decreased as well. Says it helps with Placenta fluild and flows too. And yes I need the baby asprin. I am getting a million bloody noses now. I am sure it is cause of the baby asprin. Once I get the +++ I am gonna be a bloody brused mess of a women. E-gads. Makes me question my sanity [;)]

As far as I know Protein S is my only factor and cronic hypertention. My Peri wiant to get my Antigin Levels tested to find out why I have low Protein S(one more thing) but I don't have to have that test done until the next time I get sticked. Taking the Heprin shots is not a big worry for me at this point in time. Just a Hebee-Jebee feeling right now.

You guys are so wounderful. Thank you for taking the time to help me out though this. I feel so confident with you by my side that there really isn't much need to panic. Thanks.

Interuption 06/23/01 @20 wks
Carly 04/24/02 30 wks 3lbs 6 oz
ttc again with pg induced hypertention
susan belisle
Registered User
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:05 am


Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests