Got a call from the Peri today

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : Got a call from the Peri today

Postby jenndola » Mon Aug 23, 2004 08:55 am

Good luck with the heparin! I honestly think you'll find that they're not as bad as you're expecting, especially when you know exactly why you're doing them. Just keep that goal in mind. We're all thinking good thoughts for you!

Jenn
Missed miscarriage/D&C 14 weeks
Angel Maggie stillborn due to HELLP Syndrome & PIH at 19.5 wks
Miscarriage 6 weeks
Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
I'm putting my perinatologist's kids through college!
jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby megansmom » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:43 am

Sending lots of happy thoughts your way! I hope the shots aren't nearly as bad as expected. Let's all hope for a boring nine months ahead!

~Amanda
Mama to Megan, severe PE with mild HELLP at 34 wks

Thinking about TTC later this year
megansmom

Postby denise » Mon Aug 23, 2004 07:52 pm

SOrry to hear about the shots. Good luck on BD'ing and hope you get a +++++ soon!

-------
Denise (28)
Jason (31)
Ariana (15 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
TTC #2 starting in October!
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm
denise

Postby worrywart » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:10 am

Sorry about the shots, but no sympathy here.....kidding[;)]. I have been on lovenox (a form of heparin) for the last 6 mos. Trust me it is not that bad!! In the beginning I freaked and cried, but it got better with time. The baby aspirin should be taken in conjunction with the heparin. They work in 2 different ways. Heparin works for the heart and aspirin for the arterial veins (lower extremeties). You should ask the dr if he recommends lovenox because that is a once a day shot and heparin is 2x a day. Lovenox is managed easily and does not require the blood work heparin does. At 32 weeks they can switch you over to heparin because it is out of your system faster and they have blood components to reverse the effects of heparin if necessary. Another worry is the epidural. If you take the shot and go into labor you cannot get an epi with any of the blood thinners. Normally you will be induced and shots stopped at the right timing. The aspirin is normally stopped 2-3 weeks before labor.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me.

Oh, and is low protein s the only issue??

Expecting # 2 - 12/19/04
Lovenox 40mg a day due to prothrombin factor 2
worrywart

Postby tracey » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:10 am

Susan
Sorry about the shots, but perhaps this will hold the key in enabling you to have a long and uneventful pregnancy! I have heard numerous women say they aren't that bad, and after awhile you get used to them. I hope this is the case for you, too!

Good luck with the BDing. Hope to see your ++ very soon!

Tracey
mama to
angel Ila Elizabeth (02.06.04),
pea-in-the-pod, EDD 04.01.05
tracey

Postby susan belisle » Wed Aug 25, 2004 06:39 pm

Thanks guys

My OBGYN called she is leaving my practice. MAN?! The last guy I saw was with me for 7 years now I am an OBGYN orphan so to speak. But they are a team of 8 and I like most of them so i will be ok. Anyhow she says that the heprin should help prolong the pg. It could take my chances of getting pre-e down from 66% to 50%. And the level of severity could be decreased as well. Says it helps with Placenta fluild and flows too. And yes I need the baby asprin. I am getting a million bloody noses now. I am sure it is cause of the baby asprin. Once I get the +++ I am gonna be a bloody brused mess of a women. E-gads. Makes me question my sanity [;)]

As far as I know Protein S is my only factor and cronic hypertention. My Peri wiant to get my Antigin Levels tested to find out why I have low Protein S(one more thing) but I don't have to have that test done until the next time I get sticked. Taking the Heprin shots is not a big worry for me at this point in time. Just a Hebee-Jebee feeling right now.

You guys are so wounderful. Thank you for taking the time to help me out though this. I feel so confident with you by my side that there really isn't much need to panic. Thanks.

Susan
Interuption 06/23/01 @20 wks
Carly 04/24/02 30 wks 3lbs 6 oz
ttc again with pg induced hypertention
susan belisle

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia