Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Elizabeth...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : Elizabeth...

Postby paljane8 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 09:42 am

by paljane8 (1416 Posts), Tue Aug 24, 2004 09:42 am

I am so sorry, Elizabeth! What a nightmare! Hang in there, sweetie.

Nancy Eastwood
paljane8

Postby julie f » Tue Aug 24, 2004 09:44 am

by julie f (7993 Posts), Tue Aug 24, 2004 09:44 am

Oh Elizabeth, I'm so sorry for what you're going through... Things just so aren't fair sometimes...[V]

You come vent away here anytime you need to...

Thinking of you,

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby arj » Tue Aug 24, 2004 09:59 am

by arj (1251 Posts), Tue Aug 24, 2004 09:59 am

Elizabeth,
What can I say? I think that you should sit down with a BIG box of kleenex and an even bigger box of chocolates and have a good cry and a good snack. And some deep breaths... I won't even begin to imagine what you're going through, but I will say that with each day, things will get better. Right now you are so emotional, and rightly so!
So why do they need you to come in every other day rather than waiting a week or so? Is there something dangerous that could happen?
Your husband sounds really supportive, from your other posts. Is there any way that he could speak to the OB/GYN office about what needs to be done? It would give you a break from dealing with EVERY aspect of this unfortunate situation. Could he go with you to your appts.? If not, do you have another family member or a friend that can go with you? This is such a difficult time for you, and it sounds like you need some support to get you through it. I'm so sorry...

Allison (29)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. Mild PE at 40 weeks
arj

Postby mada » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:06 am

by mada (4081 Posts), Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:06 am

Elizabeth,
I am so sorry you are going through this!! Hugs sweetie...I know how hard this is...I went through the same thing last summer and I had to go back for those da* blood draws every week until my levels were at zero and it suc**d!! It's worse seeing all the pregnant women too, I agree. I think that unfortunaltey, that is what they have to do...They want to make sure the levels do indeed keep dropping down to make sure nothing else is going on...and I know how awful it is ..I wish I could give you my veins for the draws honey!! Hang in there...we are here for you.

Mada Harpster-moderator for pregnant again

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby for faith » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:36 am

by for faith (1749 Posts), Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:36 am

Oh Elizabeth, my heart is breaking for you. I'm so sorry.....[:(]

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH (just told by peri it was mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Postby frasiah » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:36 am

by frasiah (1074 Posts), Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:36 am

I am so sorry for you Elizabeth... sending you a big hug for you and crying with you, too. I just went though this whole routine in June when I miscarried our twins. Again, I am so, so sorry for you.

Frasiah
DD sev PE
frasiah
Forum Moderator

Postby megansmom » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:46 am

by megansmom (768 Posts), Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:46 am

Elizabeth, I don't know what to say other then I am SO, SO Sorry this happening! Sending big hugs your way! I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please feel free to come here and vent any time, we will always listen!

~Amanda
Mama to Megan, severe PE with mild HELLP at 34 wks

Thinking about TTC later this year
megansmom

Postby 5thtymachrm » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:12 am

by 5thtymachrm (909 Posts), Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:12 am

They want to do the blood draws every 48hrs because of how abnormal they have been. I should have been at zero by now. i have had rises after lowered hcgs. It can still suddenly raise up and be an ectopic and explode one of my tubes I guess. I'll call in if things get suddenly worse.

No I can't have dh go with me, and he's too dense to figure out what to say to the ob's office. He is also way too busy at work right now. He's been averaging 16hrs a day then coming home and working here on the computer. I at least have been lucky enough to get in there w/o having to take the baby at 615am since he has been able to stay a bit later in the morning. He did go with me when I had to get the rhogam shot 2 wks ago. He agrees with me about the once a week blood draws, so I am okay with that.

thank you all for the support. it is so nice. I haven't really told anyone about the m/c, don't really want anyone knowing besides my good friend and all of you. no one seems to understand these things.

well baby finally went down for a nap so I'm gonna sneak one in too. thanks again, it all really means alot to me.

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03 csec,PE,IUGR,chronic HBP,hypothyroid,asthma,hyperemesis,33wks on BR. 5 m/c's
ttc #2
5thtymachrm

Postby arj » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:55 am

by arj (1251 Posts), Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:55 am

Elizabeth,
I can see your point... You'd probably have to explain to your husband everything to say (over and over), and that would end up being more stressful. I'm sorry to hear that he's had to work really long hours as well. That must make things even more difficult for you.

Please be careful. I would absolutely hate for you to take a turn for the worse and have to have a tube removed. It kind of scares me when I hear about someone going against medical advice. I won't even pretend to imagine how you feel about all of the overwhelming circumstances you are going through, but I can relate to not wanting to be poked and prodded. After I had Evan and was recovering in the crappy high-risk post-partum ward, I was unable to urinate on my own (TMI!), so I had to have another foley cath (can't tell you how many other times I had blood drawn and sterile urine caths inserted) put in. Well, because of my 4th degree laceration, it took 4 different nurses 4 different tries to get it in. Needless to say I wanted OUT OF THE HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY after that... But, I was still too sick and was forced to stay (I'm military and going "AMA" is apparently a punishable offense for me.) Emotionally though, all I could think about was grabbing Evan and running out of the hospital. I didn't care that I was still not well. I felt good enough to leave and that's all that mattered to me.

Sorry to ramble on and on, like you even feel like hearing my antecdote. I don't want to be a b$*%& or the bad guy, just a concerned internet big sister looking out for a sweet lady who is going through a really rotten period right now. Take care and hang in there.

Allison (29)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. Mild PE at 40 weeks
arj

Postby tracey » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:22 am

by tracey (919 Posts), Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:22 am

Oh Elizabeth...I am so sorry. I wish there was something I/we could do for you to just make this all go away.

Thinking of you and sending big hugs...

Tracey
mama to
angel Ila Elizabeth (02.06.04),
pea-in-the-pod, EDD 04.01.05
tracey

PreviousNext

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia