Elizabeth...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : Elizabeth...

Postby frasiah » Wed Aug 25, 2004 07:37 am

Elizabeth, how are you doing this morning? And how is your little girl?

Frasiah
DD sev PE
frasiah
Forum Moderator

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Aug 25, 2004 07:51 am

I am still the same, still cramping/bleeding. so tired of this! Indy is doing great! she's crawling everywhere and getting into everything!!! its very cute! and a little frustrating that she starts screaming every 10 minutes because she can't go somewhere she wants to be! LOL

thanks for asking :o)

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03 csec,PE,IUGR,chronic HBP,hypothyroid,asthma,hyperemesis,33wks on BR. 5 m/c's
ttc #2
5thtymachrm

Postby for faith » Wed Aug 25, 2004 09:47 am

How cute with Indy!!! I hope that things get better soon, HUGS.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH (just told by peri it was mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:43 pm

Hey- I got in with a super special GYN doc that I used to work for and just love but didn't go to her before because she no longer does OB. So, she basically said that the other ob should've done a d&c 2 wks ago, and that there was no reason for the every 48 hr hcg checks. Once a week wouldve been find after the initial one time 48 hr check. If I continue to bleed for another week or if my hcg this coming monday doesn't drop below 50 then she will probably go in and do a laproscopic surgery to clear things out. She also sent me to a good friend of hers who is an RE and very good- he's opening his own clinic with all kind sof neat new-fangled machines and stuff! :o) he opens on Oct.1st. Until then she will get me back on track and get this m/c to clear out of my system. I felt like this huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders today, I trust her like no one else in my life- she is a fabulous doctor! i feel so much better tonight. She gave me some bextra for all the cramping, its an nonsteroidal antiinflammatory. It seems to have helped a little so far. It felt so good to be validated. I will be writing a few letters this week. One will be to my ob to let her know about how awful the staffing is at the clinic and how it has turned me away. The other will be to the medical board of WA about the RE that I saw a few weeks ago. I have decided that if I remain silent then more women will be hurt and I just don't want that to happen. I didn't even come close to describing how I have been treated the last 2 weeks and in the past- I just don't want to go there.

thanks for caring girls! Keep up the ttc, I will be joining you all in just a few short months again :o)

btw..I got to meet Julie in person tonight, and I just have to say that she is just as sweet and wonderful as she is on here. And even more beautiful!

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03 csec,PE,IUGR,chronic HBP,hypothyroid,asthma,hyperemesis,33wks on BR. 5 m/c's
ttc #2
5thtymachrm

Postby mada » Thu Aug 26, 2004 06:40 am

Elizabeth,
Oh I am so happy that you were able to see that doc and have had some news for a change!! And a new RE that she recommends must be such a relief!!! I can imagine how much better you feel tonight!! And good for you for writing those letters!! YOu are being an advocate for many women by doing that. I pray that your #'s are under 50 monday so you don't have to go though any more junk!!!

Mada Harpster-moderator for pregnant again

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby for faith » Thu Aug 26, 2004 08:46 am

Oh Elizabeth that is so, so wonderful!!!!! So glad you were able to see her and about the RE. I hope the numbers go down too though, so things will end. So glad you were able to get some relief.

Take Care!!!

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH (just told by peri it was mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Postby arj » Thu Aug 26, 2004 09:29 am

Elizabeth-that's awesome!! You sound like you are in so much better spirits. I'm really glad that you've found a super doctor, and I hope that you will be able to put all of this behind you in a couple of weeks. Good luck with the letter writing. I hope that it helps you with the healing process.

Allison (29)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. Mild PE at 40 weeks
arj

Postby ann marie » Fri Aug 27, 2004 00:02 am

Elizabeth,

I'm so glad that you have found a doc who is caring for you and taking your concerns to heart. Sorry to hear about the possible d&c...yuck! Hope it is not necessary. Hugs to you,

Ann Marie (29)Moderator for "Ask the Experienced" and "Bedrest"
DH: Matt (32)
PIH/PE/Low Amniotic Fluid
Luke 3/17/04--37 weeks after 15 weeks of bedrest
ann marie

Postby alimarie » Fri Aug 27, 2004 08:09 am

Elizabeth,

Validation is so important since we know our bodies best. I hope you will be able to heal quickly.....emotionally and physically!

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)

TTC #2
alimarie

Postby tracey » Fri Aug 27, 2004 09:23 am

Oh Elizabeth...this is excellent news! I am so happy to hear about both of these doctors and the fact that you are now able to at least have a bit of pain relief.
Hope you continue to feel better...
Hugs...

Tracey
mama to
angel Ila Elizabeth (02.06.04),
pea-in-the-pod, EDD 04.01.05
tracey

PreviousNext

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia