Depo Shot

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : Depo Shot

Postby susan belisle » Mon Aug 23, 2004 02:29 pm

Jenn
I was on Depo for about 4 years. I remember in the beginning that they did not give me the shot once cause I had unprotected sex within a time frame where it could of been possible to get pg. Mind you I had been on Depo for about 6 months prior. Needless to say dr.'s can be a bit leary of a lawsuit. It took me almost 6 or 8 months to get my cycle back. And I took some herbal things to help Aunt Tootie along. Not sure that I would recomend doing that.

What do you mean by normalizing?? No cycle?

Susan
Interuption 06/23/01 @20 wks
Carly 04/24/02 30 wks 3lbs 6 oz
ttc again with pg induced hypertention
susan belisle

Postby denise » Mon Aug 23, 2004 07:50 pm

Best of luck at your appt on Wed!![:D]

-------
Denise (28)
Jason (31)
Ariana (15 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
TTC #2 starting in October!
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm
denise

Postby jenndola » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:14 pm

Susan--I mean constant spotting and bleeding. I'll think I'm back to normal, because I'm sure I'm having my period (I'm still giggling over Aunt Tootie), but then it'll last 2 weeks, and then stop for a week, and then a week and a half later it'll start up again. My poor husband--the point of the Depo was that we could actually have sex without condoms, not that I'd have the eternal period! *laughing*

Jenn
Missed miscarriage/D&C 14 weeks
Angel Maggie stillborn due to HELLP Syndrome & PIH at 19.5 wks
Miscarriage 6 weeks
Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
I'm putting my perinatologist's kids through college!
jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby wcarder » Tue Aug 24, 2004 06:53 am

HEY, JENN!!!!

I can't wait to hear all about your appt. I was on the shot, too, but only for awhile. I remember the doc telling me it could take up to a year to get back on track after coming off of the shot, particularly if you've been on it for awhile. If you only had one, and are going to try in November, you should be pretty much back on track. Good luck!

Wendy
DD~ Kenzie Celeste, 30 weeks Ga, severe PE.

ps~ I read this study in college, in a psych class, that they were giving depo to male sex offenders to lower their sex drive...isn't that INSANE?!?! And our husbands can't understand why they are in the mood far more than us...I never got another depo shot again.

wcarder

Postby susan belisle » Tue Aug 24, 2004 07:05 am

Today is the Day!!!! Hope you have a great visit.
When I was on Depo I had spotting and bleeding for the first 6 to 8 months. This was certainly not a cycle but a side effect of Depo. But if you only had one shot things should be coming round your way soon. Do you know if you are ovulating before your tootie times?

Susan
susan belisle

Postby jenndola » Tue Aug 24, 2004 09:06 pm

Susan--as far as I can tell, I don't think I'm ovulating (no discharge, etc.). I know it's bad, but right now I'm too lazy to chart or do anything else. I've been spoiled in the past with lovely 28 day cycles. The first time we tried to get pregnant, we were successful the first month. Of course, a pregnancy does not mean a baby, as I've unfortunately come to learn. I keep hoping I'll soon be back to the blissful days when tootie only visited once a month! Hopefully by November I'll be closer...if not, I might be headed over to fertility friend.

Jenn
Missed miscarriage/D&C 14 weeks
Angel Maggie stillborn due to HELLP Syndrome & PIH at 19.5 wks
Miscarriage 6 weeks
Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
I'm putting my perinatologist's kids through college!
jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby susan belisle » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:03 am

How did your appointment go? Did your dr. have any insight to help get you back on track?

Susan
susan belisle

Postby e_allen » Tue Aug 31, 2004 03:45 pm

when i got off depo i still had no period (dont know if i O'd) for months i had two periods with a year (July and Nov of 2003 - i got off depo late 2002) then we had a suprise with janell early Jan 2004. i was all out of wack after depo i was on it for about 4 yrs.

Liz
Janell Victory stillborn July 25, 2004 @ 31 weeks
e_allen

Postby tanya » Wed Sep 08, 2004 03:19 pm

Hey Jenn,

I went on the depo shot after my DS was born. I only had 2 shots but it took a year from my last shot for AF to visit again. I loved the convenience of the shot but DH was threatning divorce because of the raging hormones I had while I was on it. [}:)]Hope everything returns to normal for you very soon. Good Luck!!!

Take Care,
Tanya
Jason(DH)
Leah born 2/4/99 at 34 weeks ...PIH
Miscarriage 10 weeks
Grant born 3/29/01 at 31 weeks... Severe PE
Miracle #3 EDD 01/27/05
tanya

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia