wondering...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

wondering...

Postby wcarder » Thu Aug 26, 2004 08:28 am

ok, i'll admit it...i'm a rookie. i have NO CLUE. when i got pregnant with noodle, we were "trying"...
Trying NOT to get pregnant. [:I]

So this TTC is all new to me. Typically, what day are you expected to be ovulating? and do you start counting the day your period starts, or ends? and...any of you on bc pills for a lengthy amount of time? did this cause a delay for you in getting pg? i am not ready to do all of the charting and temp stuff just yet, but i'm just trying to get up to speed with all the info...

my dh says its best to try atleast every day - just to be safe...haha...but i'm certain he's no expert. [;)]

thanks ladies!

wendy
dh~ ryan
dd~ kenzie celeste, 30 weeks ga, severe pe
wcarder

Re : wondering...

Postby for faith » Thu Aug 26, 2004 08:40 am

Taking Charge of Your Fertility or www.fertilityfriend.com are good to read, even if you don't want to chart.

Here's my short version - if your cycle is 28 days, usually ovulate at day 14 and have a 14 day LP (time after O). LP is usually always the same, flux may occur in O though. For example, I have approx. 35 day cycle, O about day 20 and have 15 day LP. Start counting day 1 as the first definitely flow day of AF. They say to try ever other day during your fertile time.

I like ovulation predictor kits, they have worked well for me.

I also follow CM (cervical mucus) TMI - when it is like egg whites, that is your most fertile time. Watery consistency can also be.

There is also the feeling of your cervix, which I don't do. Someone else could probably explain.

I was on BCP for a long time before I got pregnant with my son and was off about 3 months before we tried the first time and got pregnant the first month [:I], so wasn't an issue for me.

I did charting last time, but found it too stressful. Just going to use OPKs and watch CM this time. Best of luck to you.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH (just told by peri it was mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Postby lucyann_k » Thu Aug 26, 2004 08:42 am

It depends on how long your cycle is. Day one is the first day of your period, first day of red blood(sorry gross), then you usually ovulate somewhere around day 14 or 15. This is just an estimation. I say at the end of your period bd every other day at least until the 21st day of your cycle. This should cover it.

I hope this helps
Annaleese

TTC #2
William J. Kennedy
12/15/02 - 2/4/03
Born 10 Weeks Early Pre-E
lucyann_k

Postby arj » Thu Aug 26, 2004 09:42 am

Wendy,
Charting-UGH!! I recently got off the pill and tried charting and that lasted about 3 days... Anyway, at a minimum, I would simply keep track of how long your cycles are. I think that the rule of thumb is you take the last day of your cycle, and then subtract 14 and that is the approximate date of ovulation. For example, my average cycle length (before getting pregnant with Evan) was 33 days. 33-14=19. I probably ovulated on day 19, and sure enough, that is when Evan was more than likely conceived.

I think that this is what Jill already said anyway, so sorry for the repeat!

Also, from what I understand, once you stop taking the pill, the hormones get out of your system pretty quickly. I've known lots of people who have gotten pregnant ON the pill, so I think that you should be fine.

Anyway, every other day BD seems to be a pretty good start. I told my sister to do that this cycle and lo and behold, today she called me with a ++++!!! I hope that yours happens quickly as well!

Allison (29)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. Mild PE at 40 weeks
arj

Postby wcarder » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:07 am

Horay for your sister!!!

Yeah, I was on the pill when i got pregnant with noodle. Hopefully it won't be too much work...

Thanks for all the advice, guys. We'll see how it works...

So, wait...the LAST day of your cycle would be the day BEFORE your period starts??? ick, I am so challenged when it comes to numbers...

Wendy
DD~ Kenzie Celeste, 30 weeks GA, severe PE.
wcarder

Postby arj » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:08 am

Yes-last day is day before she shows up. GL!!

Allison (29)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. Mild PE at 40 weeks
arj

Postby tinalowe » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:07 am

WEndy--With my first I just usually tried to BD every 2-3 days. This time I am using fertility friend for charting. I have also read TCOYF and WOW that book is loaded with info to help!! Good luck to you!

Tina 23
DH Dereck 26

Emma Victoria stillborn 12-28-03 severe pre-e
ttc#2

tinalowe

Postby sweetiesuzy » Thu Aug 26, 2004 07:28 pm

I have one piece of advice. Don't do it everyday. Every 2-3 days so that DH's sperm can build up thus a better chance. Using an ovulation predictor is good to find out when you are ovulating. And the book taking charge of your fertility is good. Oh and laying with pelvis tilted up after doing the babydance is good at letting the fellas swim where they need to go [:D]

Hope this helps a tad,

Suzanna

DS 3/25/95
DD 10/26/01 stillbirth
DS 12/30/02
AND ~ Laura Elise 7/19/04
sweetiesuzy

Postby julie f » Fri Aug 27, 2004 07:34 pm

Wendy, have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? If not, I highly recommend it, it's a great book. Best part, you really only need to read a small section of it!

We were very lucky to get pregnant with Zach very quickly, I wanted to try and make the same happen with this one so, I got this book on the advice of friends. It's amazing the things I didn't know about my own body/cycle.

I didn't chart either, I don't have the patience for it but, I was able to tell when I was ovulating my cervical mucous changes, something I'd never heard of before.

I hope you get your +++ quickly!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby maxs mom » Fri Aug 27, 2004 09:22 pm

Wendy,
Not much to add, but have fun BDing!!! And good luck on a +++ soon!

Kara (34)
DH, John (36)
Max, 1/20/03, 25 wks, 1lb. 3ozs. (IUGR), severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mightymax/

#2 is on the way, EDD at 36.5 weeks is 3/24/04
maxs mom

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia