what is going on?!?!?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

what is going on?!?!?

Postby wcarder » Mon Sep 13, 2004 08:41 am

Ok, I started my period on Aug. 28 - sorry about the detail - but it was really heavy and lasted seven full days (not normal for me....) So, two weeks later, here I am - having yet another HEAVY, relentless period....I thought I should be ovulating this weekend, not MENSTRATING....AGAIN! UGGG! What is up?!?!?!

Wendy

DD~ Kenzie Celeste, 30 weeks GA, severe PE.
wcarder

Re : what is going on?!?!?

Postby 5thtymachrm » Mon Sep 13, 2004 08:46 am

I'd call your OB/gyn and get some testing done.

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03 csec,PE,IUGR,chronic HBP,hypothyroid,asthma,hyperemesis,33wks on BR. 5 m/c's
ttc #2
5thtymachrm

Postby susan belisle » Mon Sep 13, 2004 08:56 am

This just happened to my girlfriend. exact same thing. She is not high risk like us but has irregular pds. Anyhow she went to the dr and they were not overly concerned. Said to take it easy. If it happens again then they will be more concerned and do some heavy testing on her. But they recommended that she wait until she had another more "regualr" cycle before she ttc again.

Also this happened to me once before too. It was after my loss. I got my cycle two months after the whole horrible ordeal was over. Then two weeks later Aunt Tootie was back. (Now I don't recommed doing what I did)...BUT...I was like COOL!!! Now I can start TTC and do it with a quicker trun around time. [:o)] So I got pg with Carly right away.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best.

Susan
Interuption 06/23/01 @20 wks
Carly 04/24/02 30 wks 3lbs 6 oz
ttc again with pg induced hypertention
susan belisle

Postby for faith » Mon Sep 13, 2004 09:18 am

Sorry Wendy ~ Hope everything is fine, let us know.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH (just told by peri it was mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Postby bonnie » Mon Sep 13, 2004 09:37 am

I had this problem from the first AF after Yoni until I got pregnant. It would happen even on BC pills. They can run tests to see why it's happening. For me, most of the time, i don't ovulate with the cycle. So, it's hard to know when I am pregnant and when I am not. The dr can run tests to rule out serious issues and also to help figure out what's going on.

Goodluck!

Yoni's ima

Yonatan 7/10/2002 (35 weeks PE)
baby girl rosenbloom 11/10/2004

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE . . .
http://rosenbloom.homeip.net/yoni

bonnie
Forum Moderator

Postby wcarder » Mon Sep 13, 2004 01:35 pm

Thanks, ladies....

So, what types of things do they test for? I don't understand. What might cause this insanity??? I quit taking b/c about two months ago...do you think that's the problem? Because my first period off b/c came at the regular time... What does this mean for TTC? Do I currently even HAVE cycle, or am I just totally out of whack?

Gosh, I'm just RACKING up the issues! So frustrated...

Wendy

DD~ Kenzie Celeste, 30 weeks Ga, severe PE
wcarder

Postby denise » Mon Sep 13, 2004 07:43 pm

Sorry to hear about AF coming again so soon. I'd call your doc and see if they can give you some answers.

-------
Co-coordinator for WI
Denise (28)
Jason (32)
Ariana (16 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
TTC #2 starting in October!
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm
denise

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia