Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Need advise from the TTC veterans....

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Need advise from the TTC veterans....

Postby wcarder » Thu Sep 16, 2004 08:59 am

by wcarder (934 Posts), Thu Sep 16, 2004 08:59 am

Ok, sorry to keep bringing up AF...but i'm freaking out.
I started bleeding on Sat totally out of nowhere, as AF wasn't due for another two weeks. Anyway, it's been insanely heavy and relentless - last night was so horrible I cried all night, i was in awful pain. It's just not letting up, and im bleeding so bad, i'm running to the restroom every five minutes...sorry, TMI. Ok, so you're all chanting "Go to the dr....", and i plan to, as soon as I get a minute....
in the meantime, what does this mean for TTC? Does this mean I'm not ovulating? Could it be from getting off of birthcontrol pills a few months ago? Did anyone else have this after coming off of the pill? And more importantly, is this what I can expect from my periods? This long, heavy, painful CRAP? I've been on the pill so long, maybe I just don't remeber what my periods were like before....hmmm...

Wendy

DD~ Kenzie Celeste, 30 weeks GA, severe PE
wcarder

Re : Need advise from the TTC veterans....

Postby julie f » Thu Sep 16, 2004 09:29 am

by julie f (7993 Posts), Thu Sep 16, 2004 09:29 am

Wendy,

I wish I knew what to tell you... My only suggestion would be to call your dr. and I know you're already on your way to doing that.

Let us know what they say.

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby for faith » Thu Sep 16, 2004 09:34 am

by for faith (1749 Posts), Thu Sep 16, 2004 09:34 am

HUGS, I hope that there is nothing wrong, glad you are going to the dr. I had weird AFs for a couple of cycles after coming off BCPs a couple of years ago. Also my couple of cycles after Faith's birth were very heavy (not at all typical of me off or on BCPs). I hope it is just your body adjusting to not being on them and this will fix itself quickly.

Take care,

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH (just told by peri it was mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Postby meg hanrahan » Thu Sep 16, 2004 01:15 pm

by meg hanrahan (1030 Posts), Thu Sep 16, 2004 01:15 pm

This same sort of bleeding happened to a friend of mine when she was TTC. She had been on the pill for 15+ years and had been off of them for maybe 6 months. Her cycles were longer and not very heavy. then she had this extremely heavy bleeding only two or three weeks after her period. She was concerned but her doctor didn't seem so. Long story short, she got pregnant right after! I think it was her body getting ready to get pregnant since it had been controlled by hormones for so long. That was really her first "real" period since getting off the pill. I can't say that this is true for you, but don't always think in the negative, perhaps your body is gearing up to get pregnant. (Have you been trying ovulation sticks? She was and claimed that they "didn't work" for her. I think that she wasn't really ovulating yet since she had been on the pill for so long. But what do I know?) anyway, see a doctor and hopefully they won't be too concerned. And next thing you know you'll be telling us some ++++ news!

Meg
Isabella 11/11/2002 (34 weeks, severe pe)
Katie 4/21/2004 (full term, no pe)
meg hanrahan

Postby denise » Thu Sep 16, 2004 07:21 pm

by denise (5480 Posts), Thu Sep 16, 2004 07:21 pm

Hope you were able to call the doc today Wendy. Let us know what they say. Good luck to you and hoping you have a ++++ real soon![:D]

-------
Co-coordinator for WI
Denise (28)
Jason (32)
Ariana (16 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
TTC #2 starting in October!
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm
denise

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia