Need to vent... I cant believe it

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
christine lyn

Re : Need to vent... I cant believe it

Postby christine lyn » Fri Oct 24, 637338 8:20 am

Heather ~ you have every right to complain and don't feel bad about it. During my pregnancy I had a few things happen also. I'm not the type to complain but with everything I had to do to get pregnant I wasn't taking any chances because someone wasn't doing there job so I did complain a few times and it felt GOOD! Just keep a folder yourself of everything so you have it. Good luck with everything and I know you'll get your miracle.

Christine(36)
Shane Austin - born Nov.16 2004 at 29 weeks-severe PE

heather h

Postby heather h » Thu Oct 23, 637338 1:23 pm

Carol ~ I think that's what I'll be doing from now on. I'll go get the information myself and take it with me so I know it gets there.
I'll even call my insurance and make sure they have the authorization on file. I've learned my lesson...

Julie ~ They rescheduled me for 3/15/05. So two weeks isn't that bad - thank god. I would've been changing doctors if it were more then that. Thanks for your prayers.. I hope my miracle's right around the corner too.. [:)]
I just want to get this moving already. I havent gotten AF since 12/16/04 so I know somethings not right.. I just want to get into the Endo. so I can get some prescription to help and get it moving - ya know? Geesh - is that too much to ask??? [:)]

Heather (25) & Craig (26)
28weeks - Shane Andrew stillborn 4/25/04
"Our little angel who will always be loved and never be forgotten"
TTC #2 Lovenox Injections 100 mg 2x a day

julie f

Postby julie f » Mon Oct 13, 637338 11:28 am

Oh my goodness Heather, I'm so sorry. You don't sound psycho or harsh... considering all you've been through, giving the office another chance is generous... Were you able to get another appointment soon?

I don't want you getting anymore crappy deals either, I pray that your miracle is around the corner.

Julie (28)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Jackson Charles 01/24/05, 36wks 6dys - NO PE!!

Southern California Coordinator

taras mom

Postby taras mom » Sun Oct 12, 637338 3:56 pm

Heather, you have every right to be angry. I've been in the same boat a few times, and it's infuriating. Like Ileana, I carry a folder with me, but if this happens again you can also try calling your OB from the endocrinologist's office or have the staff call and ask them to fax the info immediately. Sometimes they just need an extra kick in the rear to do their job.

Carol (39)
DH Bill (41)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel

heather h

Postby heather h » Sun Oct 12, 637338 4:49 am

Thank You Ladies for your kindness and wonderfull support. [:)]

It's nice to know that I have you all to talk to through all this frustration.

Kris, you're such a sweetheart.. Im sorry you're going through all this as well and SO SO sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I hope you bounce back quick and get that next BFP real soon with a sticky bean. try and hang in there.

Ileana, Thank You so much for the great idea of asking for the records and what not myself. Maybe this is my best way of handling this in the future. I do know now that i'll be calling my insurance ahead of time and making sure that they have that referral/authorization - that's for sure.

Norlisa, I cant thank you enough for always being there for me through this. You are such a great support. You always have something sweet and supportive to help me through this. You give me my hope and faith that I have to know that I will succeed... (someday soon hopefully!) [:D]

Melissa, Im not sure if they have a customer support/relations area. I'll be going right to the OB if this happens again.. Who needs customer support? I'll go right to where the problem is [}:)]... hah! [:D] Thanks again for your support..

kdreher

Postby kdreher » Sun Oct 12, 637338 4:04 am

You do not sound psycho. I would have been mad as well, having taken the 1/2 day off. There is no excuse for not following up with a referral. I had a similar experience a few weeks back. I had to call the OB's office to get a Beta HCG slip sent over to the local hospital. I was watching my #'s drop after my m/c. I went to the hospital the next day, to the lab, and they said they had no slip. Mind you I have just started a new position at my job and had to leave at lunch and be gone longer than usual. I called the OB's office and they were at lunch so I got the answering service. I told them they had better call into the office, I'm on my lunch break to and the pwork should have been there yesterday. I was so flippin mad....with good reason.

Hopefully you will get better service. I'd bug them over and over till they get it right.

Kris (35)
DH, Tom (35)
Connecticut, USA

Tyler 3-9-95 to 3-23-95 (26 wks severe pe/HELLP)
miscarriage 1/26/05

Hoping for a 2005 miracle!

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net

ileana

Postby ileana » Sun Oct 12, 637338 3:48 am

Heather,

I'm sorry you had to go through this on top of everything else...

I learned that I better get the records myself. I have a nice folder with everything that I'm taking to any doctor. Most of them appreciate it a lot! I also fax it in advance, but once it did not go through [:(]
I also ask for copies from my tests as soon as the doctor gets them. This way I don't even have to pay for copying records.

Ileana
IT Coordinator
Preeclampsia Foundation

Mother of Angel - stillborn on Feb 17, 2003 (24wGA, 410g)

norlisa k

Postby norlisa k » Sun Oct 12, 637338 1:57 am

Hi Heather,

I can't believe it, either... No, you're not "psycho and harsh," it's horrible that your OB/GYN didn't send your records to the endocrinologist. You're probably a lot kinder that my husband and I would've been only giving your OB/GYN one strike! I'm so sorry that this happened to you; I know that you really want to get answers and find a successful end to your TTC journey. If it'll make you feel better to tell your doctor: "I've already lost my first baby due to my first OB/Gyn's negligence... If you and your staff dont have the time to handle my situation - then let me know now and I'll find a doctor that can!!"--do it, sometimes docs and staff need a wake-up call. It really does get me p.o.'ed that this happened to you--we're really rootin' for you on this end. Some doctors need to realize that this is not just a job and that we're not just numbers on an assembly line.

Many hugs to you and Craig, Heather. Saying that "this is frustrating" is an understatement. My sincerest hopes and prayers for you are to find the best doctor possible who'll answer your every question and really take care of you (I wish that you could see mine, my reproductive endocrinologists and perinatologist are the best). We're tired of seeing you getting the crappy deals, too, Heather. Please remember we're here for you...

Much love and hugs,
Norlisa

Norlisa Keffer(35), essential/chronic hypertension, diagnosed before pregnancy, post-partum preeclampsia
DH, Gordon (38)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven (9/16/02)
Twins Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 2/7 weeks, 5/26/03

mel h.

Postby mel h. » Sun Oct 12, 637338 1:42 am

Hey Heather,
You don't sound psycho and harsh ... that's pretty bad service. Do they have a customer service or patient relations person that you could voice your complaints to and get things squared away for you? You shouldn't have to wait another 4 weeks or longer to get into the endocrinologist, especially since your OBs office made the mistake. They need to fix it for you.

Melissa
Mom of Ashley Ann, born at 25 weeks on April 17 due to severe preeclampsia.

heather h

Need to vent... I cant believe it

Postby heather h » Sat Oct 11, 637338 11:23 pm

I went to my OB back on february 2nd and she referred me to the endocrinologist. I got my apt on 3/1/05 and had to call her back to let her know when the apt was and their fax number so they could send my medical records and my lab results. (I even had an extended conversation with my OB b/c I didnt really want to wait the 4 weeks for an apt, but that was the fastest I could get in with any Endo in my area.

SO - to make a long story short, I get there yesterday and fill out all my paperwork. (after taking a 1/2 day of work UNPAID,.... also my DH did the same) And they tell me they have NO referral, NO lab results and NO medical records so they cant see me. I'd have to reschedule.

I was SOOOOO mad! I called my OB's office and let them know I was mad.. but of course I couldnt speak to the ob b/c she was in with a patient and they said they had no idea that my apt was today.

I seriously want to call her office and be like "I've already lost my first baby due to my first OB/Gyn's negligence... If you and your staff dont have the time to handle my situation - then let me know now and I'll find a doctor that can!!" [:(!]

Im not the type to get on peoples cases or cause a scene... and I know people make mistakes.. hubby and I agreed that this is her first strike. She's entitled to one and then if it happens again - I find another OB/gyn.

Do I sound really psyco and harsh? Im just SO tired of getting the crappy deals here.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”