Tina 23
DH Dereck 26

Emma Victoria stillborn 12-28-03 severe pre-e
ttc#2

tinalowe

Re : Looking for Bama Ladies

Postby carolh » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:19 am

Hi Ladies -

I'm charged with helping to coordinate groups who are interested in starting a 'chapter' in their state or region. Sounds like all of you are excited to get something started.

Who would like to become the 'official' coordinator of record? It's possible to have 2 co-coordinators if that fits your needs better. The coordinator will be the key contact person and will basically organize/lead the group's activities, communicate with the members in your area, and be the liaison to myself and the national office. In determing who is best to take on the role, consider what time you have available to commit and whether you feel comfortable being in a leading role. We currently have 15 states/regions represented and are thrilled to be adding more passionate ladies to our circle!

Once you determine who will be the coordinator(s), I'll set up a phone call with that person(s) to get some information and to answer any questions. Once we're all comfortable with everything and we all agree to move forward, I will send you some coordinator documents and the list of registered members in your area for you to make contact with.

Looking forward to hearing from you all![:)]
Carol

Carol Hamilton, Pharm.D.
Michigan Coordinator
Director of Chapter Development
Ann Arbor
carolh

Postby tinalowe » Thu Aug 12, 2004 01:25 pm

Well ladies looks like we have a decision to make. I will throw my name into the hat. I don't work so I am able to devote as much time as is needed. Any other takers? lol

Tina 23
DH Dereck 26

ttc#2

tinalowe

Postby lgw » Thu Aug 12, 2004 01:30 pm

Tina:
You've got my vote.

lgw
pe & hellp-22wks

lgw

Postby hannahsmom » Thu Aug 12, 2004 04:47 pm

Tina - You've got my vote too!

Allison - I didn't mean to leave you out of my earlier post!

It seems we have 2 Florida girls and 3 Bama ladies so far. I don't mind driving to Alabama for meetings. (I used to live in Alabama so it will be fun to go back!) Maybe Iansmom and I can ride together. This is so exciting!

Suzanne
Mommy to Miss Hannah Rose
26.5 weeker born 8/24/01
severe pre-e & IUGR
1 pound, 1 ounce
12 inches
Miracles do happen!
hannahsmom

Postby worriedhubby20 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 07:41 pm

Hello ladies, my wife and I live in the Montgomery area. We are parents of Parker, check out his thread (Need info for Preemie on Vent). It has chronicled his life, from the time that my wife was put in the hospital to present. I have made many new friends here and learned alot about Pre-E and preemie's. My free time is very limited, but I'm interested in helping out any way that I can. Feel free to include me and the wife.

Rob, father of Parker, 30 weeks, 1 lb. 14 oz.
worriedhubby20

Postby tinalowe » Thu Aug 19, 2004 09:48 pm

Rob,

WOW I just finished reading your thread. I am so sorry for all that you have been through that little guy really is a fighter! Emma was born at Baptist East as well...they really are a wonderful, caring group of nurses. They did all they could to help me given the circumstances! I actually live about 30 mins from Montgomery. I know we would all love to have yours and your wife's help!!I am really excited about getting a chapter up and going here!!

Tina 23
DH Dereck 26

ttc#2

tinalowe

Postby iansmom » Thu Aug 26, 2004 08:27 am

Hey all!
Suzanne just told me about this yesterday. Count me in! And I just want to know, Allison, where Emily Kate was born? Ian was born at Baptist South. Tina, where do you live? I work in Flomaton.

I would be glad to be a co-coordinator if we go that route, but if we would rather just have one coordinator, that is fine. I just don't think I can take on that responsibility alone right now so someone else can fill that role.

Ian 12/26/01 - 26 weeks P/E & HELLP
Drew 6/22/04 - 36w 6d Chronic hypertension & IUGR
iansmom

Postby tinalowe » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:12 am

Iansmom--I live about 25 miles south of Montgomery out in the sticks! lol If no one else minds I would love to have you as a co-coordinator. I talked to Carol last night :) so I am ready to get started!! I don't mind doing it by myself, but help is always nice (especially since we are ttc again)!

Tina 23
DH Dereck 26

ttc#2

tinalowe

Postby iansmom » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:42 am

Tina,
I am still curious...mom & dad and my sister's family now live on Highway 21 just north of Hayneville. Where are you from there?

Jackie

Ian 12/26/01 - 26 weeks P/E & HELLP
Drew 6/22/04 - 36w 6d Chronic hypertension & IUGR
iansmom

PreviousNext

Return to Alabama