OB recommendations for PIH

OB recommendations for PIH

Postby glo_mama » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:35 pm

I just found this site and am looking for an OB recommendation. I had PIH with my first pregnancy but managed to make it to 40 weeks on bed rest for the last six weeks. We are thinking about #2, but I really want to find an OB with experience in PIH / Pre-E.

I would appreciate any info that you are willing to share.

Thanks,

Susan
glo_mama

Re : OB recommendations for PIH

Postby lorelei » Thu Feb 09, 2006 09:19 am

Welcome Susan. I am going to post a link to two different websites that you can look for a perinatalogist, which is a high risk ob. We are not dr's here, just women that have been in your shoes in some aspect with p/e, pih, or hellp. We reccomend that before ttc another to go and meet w/a peri. They will go over your history, do baselines on bp, urine, bloodwork, etc and get a game plan for the next pregnancy.

Good luck and let us know how things go!

http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4668
lorelei

Re : OB recommendations for PIH

Postby jillmushet » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:51 am

Hi Susan: Thank you for posting and welcome to the Preeclampsia Foundation. I'm glad that you had a good outcome with you first pregnancy. Congratulations!

Good thinking about finding a pe-experienced doctor for your next pregnancy. Lori gave you the run down. (Thanks, Lori) I am going to e-mail you a suggestion. I'm assuming you are in the Phoenix area. :)

Take care! Looking forward to hearing from you again....

p.s. Please read about our AZ picnic next week and our AZ Walk-a-Thon in May. We'd love to see you.
jillmushet

Return to Arizona