WAT input/advice

WAT input/advice

Postby rachel a » Sun Jul 24, 2005 02:57 pm

Hello fellow Arkies!

As I am making plans for next year's WAT...I've got to ask a question!!

Would anyone object to doing the walk on the Arkansas side of Texarkana????

We can get many, many more sponsors and likely more participants. This is still "in the works" so if you'd like to say something, speak up, the time is red hot!

BTW, if held in Texarkana, it will likely be at the Fair Grounds as they have a very nice trail (for those that remember last year's walk) and it won't be quite as long as our first walk! That's good news for the kiddos!
rachel a

Re : WAT input/advice

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2005 02:02 pm

That sounds good to me. Any where we can get as much partication as possible!! Where was it held last year? I figure I'll have a major drive to get to it anyway being so close to missiori.

Postby rachel a » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:43 pm

Deidre,

Last year we did it in Hope at the Fair Park. It was quite a long walk...really! We had a couple that just barely completed the walk--so I've got those guys in mind when deciding where to walk this next year.

Sorry for the drive, but I surely do love you for being willing to make the drive!!

Hugs!!
rachel a

Postby catherine » Tue Jul 26, 2005 00:12 am

Dee Dee, I'm guessing that turnabout could prove to be fair play.... or maybe one day we could be really ambitious and have a three way event... up with you, here with me in Central AR and then down in Texarkana with Rachel (can you hear the Chariots of Fire music playing in the background?). Hey Rach.. I have no life and a little extra driving is no big thing....[;)]... so wherever you want to hold it is fine with me.... so long as there are no grumpy, grouchy cops [:)].
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2005 09:14 am

I don't mind the drive at all. I've never been in southern AR anyway, so this will be an adventure! That's a great idea Catherine about branching out and holding it in different places of the state. Of course I've never been to one of these, so hopefully I'll learn a lot about how it's done this go around.

Postby rachel a » Tue Jul 26, 2005 04:23 pm

Oh Catherine,

I almost forgot about the grouchy cops...we should have shared our doughnuts with 'em...maybe they'd been more receptive then!!!?? Okay, low blow! Cops have tough jobs!

If you gals are interested in holding walks all over the state of Arkansas...more power to you! Boy that'd be nice...tiny little Arkansas having three walks! Deidre, if you're actually interested, I can incorporate you (to an online degree) in all the planning and that other good stuff! Maybe Catherine could attempt to get a donation from UAMS! We've given 'em so much of our money already!

BTW, you ladies need to start telling folks about the walk...I'd love to have like 200 people (big dreams...I know)! Each of you invite someone and tell them to invite someone and so on and so on until there's a chain reaction of PF walkers! I'll even try and send some fliers your way (when the time comes) so you can display them in your neck of the woods!

Love you girlies!
rachel a

Return to Arkansas