Post Reply FAQ Members Login

2006 So Cal WAT - Mark your calendars!

2006 So Cal WAT - Mark your calendars!

Postby julie f » Mon Feb 27, 2006 07:29 pm

by julie f (7993 Posts), Mon Feb 27, 2006 07:29 pm

Hey Southern CA members - and anyone else who wants to join us down here!

Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 20, 2006. We'll be having the Walk-A-Thon in beautiful, sunny Santa Barbara! We'll kick off the walk at 10am in Chase Palm Park at the carousel. We'll have a nice 1.5 mile walk along the beach until we reach the Bird Refuge where we'll turn around and come back to the park. A total of 3 miles - beautiful scenery though I promise[8D]. It's all along a paved path, strollers won't be a problem.

The Police Department was very generous to waive any fees - more profit for the PF then! What I need help with are sponsors and walkers! Registration brochures should be available to us by the end of the week, I'll keep you posted.

I know Santa Barbara may be a bit out of the way for some of you - I'm trying to work with some of the local hotels to get a discounted rate for anyone wanting to make a weekend out of it.

I will post updates here as they become available. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me anytime at pelote77@aol.com . If you have ideas/comments/suggestions - please let me know!!!

Looking forward to seeing all of you!
julie f

Re : 2006 So Cal WAT - Mark your calendars!

Postby julie f » Thu Mar 02, 2006 04:56 pm

by julie f (7993 Posts), Thu Mar 02, 2006 04:56 pm

Update:

Wanted to add a link to the site where we'll be kicking off our walk: http://santabarbaratournow.com/santa_barbara_java/chase_palm_park_1.php

Also, I have sent an email to all Southern CA members that I have email addresses for. If I've missed you, please email me right away so that I can send you some details!

Looking forward to seeing you in May!
julie f

Re : 2006 So Cal WAT - Mark your calendars!

Postby shelbys mom » Thu Mar 02, 2006 05:01 pm

by shelbys mom (483 Posts), Thu Mar 02, 2006 05:01 pm

Hey Jackson is over one now it is time to update the avatar please????? LOL how are you and thnaks for the kind words on my whiny post!!!!!
shelbys mom

Return to California