Get together with Anne! - Cancelled

julie f

Get together with Anne! - Cancelled

Postby julie f » Tue Oct 02, 2007 05:17 pm

Hey Southern CA ladies!

As you've probably already seen from Tom's announcement, Anne has been selected as a finalist in L'Oreal's Women of Worth award program. http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24631

Because of all this, Anne will be down in the LA area next week and I'd love to have a get together next Tuesday morning. Email me at julie@preeclampsia.org if you are interested and I will pass along details.

Hope to see some familiar, and some new, faces next week!
Julie

annegarrett

Re : Get together with Anne! - Cancelled

Postby annegarrett » Wed Oct 03, 2007 00:28 am

Hey guys, I got a call from the producer today and he said he decided NOT to tape the Tuesday morning event. I will see if they can allow me to stay overnight so we can still meet up. I AM in LA on Monday but even as of now--do not know when I arrive and when I leave. When I do--I will let you know. I do hope to see you all.

Thanks!

sandy

Postby sandy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 02:10 am

Anne/So. Cal girls,
If you have a need to travel a little further south...we in San Diego would LOVE to meet up!!

Congrats again, Anne.

julie f

Postby julie f » Wed Oct 03, 2007 06:22 pm

Oh Anne, I am SO bummed! I was really hoping to see you! Let me know when you know more.

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Wed Oct 03, 2007 07:36 pm

I know--me too. :( But I'm not really in a position to complain...:)

audrey s.

Postby audrey s. » Fri Oct 05, 2007 00:35 am

I'd like to meet, too; I live in Los Angeles and, other than a mid-day commitment, it's my day off ;).

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Fri Oct 05, 2007 01:42 am

As of now they are flying me down at 9 AM, something about hair and makeup at 1:00, interview at 2:00-3:00 and then talking with their PR person and all done at 4:30. My flight (as of now) back to Seattle is at 7:30. I explained that that was a long day for me and that I could come down the night before or stay Monday night--will let you know if they go for that. Otherwise, I leave my house at 6:30 AM and don't get home until after midnight. I think maybe they realized my argument was compelling (for coming down Sunday night) when I mentioned that otherwise I would look like h***...It's L'Oreal, after all. :) Of course, didn't mention that looking like h*** wasn't all that uncommon for me these days...:) I'm not a pretty woman when I haven't had enough sleep...definitely not a morning person. Oh well.

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Sat Oct 06, 2007 00:39 am

Update: I'm in Sunday night at the La Mierelle (?) Marriott if anyone would like to meet up in the evening. It looks like I am booked up all day Monday and leaving right when we're done, but sent details to Julie if anyone wants to connect with her and find out.

Thanks!

julie f

Postby julie f » Wed Oct 10, 2007 06:04 pm

Anne,

I wish we could've have met up! When our original get together got cancelled, we decided to stay out of town a few days longer for that wedding. Sounds like they had you on a pretty tight schedule though! I hope all went well, can't wait to hear!

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Thu Oct 11, 2007 04:22 am

It was wonderful. They picked me up at the airport in a stretch limo! My first!! And took me to a really nice hotel in Santa Monica right on the beach (Marriott, I think) and in the morning I was first to get the makeup call. This adorable little girl (22?) named Dahlia did my make-up and I didn't look scary, which was nice. I sat for 45 minutes in this comfy chair while the producer (off camera) asked me lots of questions. I talked about whatever they asked me--some of it was pretty intense, other questions were more like--why are women different from men when it comes to giving (???) and such. When I was done a couple people in the room told me that they had been CRYING. I had no idea and the producer came up to me and said he had a Barbara Walters moments and I guess he got choked up too. I don't know how, but they are condensing a 45 minute interview into 2 minutes. We joked that they were going to change everything so it said--drink bicarbonate of soda and don't forget to feed the dolphins. :) Of course, everyone was absolutely wonderful and the Executive Producer and I chatted and he talked about possibly connecting us with someone who does specials on pregnancy...so clearly that was exciting. I was even handed a water bottle with a straw so I wouldn't mess up my lipstick...very cool. :) It was a bit of a let down though when I got home and DH didn't bring me my water bottle with a straw--in fact, he didn't even park to pick me up but just swung by the curb and yelled jump in--I'm double-parked. :) Nothing like love to bring you back down to earth.

It was great. The only thing that would have made it better would have been seeing everyone. I hope to get back--it was just a beautiful day and I thought--hey--LA (well Santa Monica) is really nice!

Of course, if you have the money to live there, on the beach, I bet it is!

Take care,

Return to “California”