Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Northern California

Northern California

Postby natan » Thu Jun 10, 2004 03:50 pm

by natan (203 Posts), Thu Jun 10, 2004 03:50 pm

Hi Northern California

I am planning for another get together. To talk about having a garage sale to help raise funding for brochures and support PF. I will be sending out notices from our new list. If you would like to participate in planning for Garage sale please let me know.

We need:
*Garage (LOL)somebody to host garage sale or community center
*volunteers to help run garage sale
*items to sell
Please respond if you would be interested in particpating with this event.

Deborah
Northern California Support Group
natan

Re : Northern California

Postby carolh » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:27 am

by carolh (206 Posts), Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:27 am

Hi Deborah -

Just wanted to check in with you and get some feedback on what's been happening in your chapter lately. I'm trying to finally make some progress in observing/monitoring/leading all the state/regional groups to make our efforts a bit more organized across the country.

Take a look at my post in the Diva Network section (Calling all Divas) and give me your comments/feedback/questions. I would also love to hear an update on northern California!

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Carol

Carol Hamilton, Pharm.D.
Michigan Coordinator
Director of Chapter Development
Ann Arbor
carolh

Postby natan » Thu Aug 19, 2004 01:22 pm

by natan (203 Posts), Thu Aug 19, 2004 01:22 pm

What a busy summer!!

Ok, Summer is almost over and I am ready to participate with Preeclampsia Foundation again. Although, we are going to Las Vegas for our 10th year anniversary in September[;)], But other then that I am ready to get back in into swing of things. My son will be in preschool 5 days a week after labor day[:D]. So, I will have more free time to get involved, for a little while anyways.

So, if you live in Northern California area Santa Clara, San Mateo, SF, San Jose, Cupertino, Mountain View, Los Gatos, even Oakland area and would like to participate in getting this chapter up and running please respond. I know some of you live a great distance but I do have Preeclampsia Yahoo Group set up so you can keep track of meetings and events that are taking place without driving a long way. Right now, we are trying to raise money for Brochures. If you know of place that would donate money and/or supplies for brochures to distribute please e/mail me.

In case you want to check out what I have set up for our group, this is a good way for people to stay involved without having to drive long distance. Go to http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ncapree_foundation/
that's Northern California Preeclampsia _Foundation
This is a good way to keep track of messages, events, support group meetings, donations etc all on this site. Also, I would recommend not publishing personal stories on this site, just because I am not sure how secure it is. This is just for general mail and information. Let me know what you think? You do get junk mail but you should be safe from spammers.

Deborah
Northern California Coordinator
natan

Postby sandy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 05:22 pm

by sandy (1138 Posts), Thu Aug 19, 2004 05:22 pm

Hi Deborah,
I just e-mailed you with an idea...

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

CAUGHT THE EGG!! Estimated hatch date: 3/13/05; scheduled C at 39 weeks...or earlier if needed.
sandy

Postby natan » Fri Aug 20, 2004 03:48 pm

by natan (203 Posts), Fri Aug 20, 2004 03:48 pm

Thank you Sandy for your suggestions. I will look into it. But I can't have a chapter by myself. If you are Northern Ca Resident and would like to participate in getting this support group up and running PLEASE, PLEASE respond.

Deborah
natan

Postby dja » Sun Aug 29, 2004 09:08 pm

by dja (895 Posts), Sun Aug 29, 2004 09:08 pm

Hi. I'm in Sacramento and currently pg, so I'm not in a position to easily jump down to the Bay area, but I'd like to get involved more in some fashion when I can (assuming pg goes fine). So please keep me in mind. Perhaps there can eventually be a satellite group in Sacramento/way northern Cal.?

DJA
Mom to Amelia, b/d 03/19/04 @ 22 weeks due to sever PE

Expecting, EDD 04/22/05!
dja

Postby natan » Wed Sep 01, 2004 01:29 pm

by natan (203 Posts), Wed Sep 01, 2004 01:29 pm

Hi DJA
I wish there were more support groups all around. I do have a yahoo group website that you can join to keep up with annoucements, meetings and or events. How far would you mind meeting? Most people who are kind of interested live near the Peninsula area along 101fwy. I live in Santa Clara County. Try this website and see if you want to join the Yahoo group. Its free and easy way to stay in touch. I am actually thinking about scheduling another meeting in October just to keep up with other members.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ncapree_foundation/ .
Let me know what you think.

Deborah
Northern California Coordinator/
Moderator for Donations and Charity
natan

Postby natan » Wed Sep 01, 2004 01:36 pm

by natan (203 Posts), Wed Sep 01, 2004 01:36 pm

All this talk about getting together has gotten me thinking too. We could do the same as last time. It seemed to work.

How about another meeting in San Mateo? We could do Mimi's Cafe again on Saturday Oct 16th. 6pm. Anybody interested? Families are welcomed. Just let me know

Deborah
Northern Ca Coordinator
natan

Postby natan » Thu Sep 02, 2004 01:42 pm

by natan (203 Posts), Thu Sep 02, 2004 01:42 pm

Come on out and meet other Preeclampsia Members.

If I get enough interested I will be happy to move the date and location.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon,

Deborah
natan

Postby natan » Mon Oct 25, 2004 08:58 pm

by natan (203 Posts), Mon Oct 25, 2004 08:58 pm

Hi
I saw Eleni's and Carol's idea about holding fun-raising event at Sweet Tomatoes. We have two in our area. Let me know what I can do to help set up event here. If any of you who live in Northern California and would like to help organize let me know.

Deborah

natan

Next

Return to California