Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Anyone interested in doing WAT here in CO?

Anyone interested in doing WAT here in CO?

Postby jknutsen » Fri Oct 21, 2005 04:03 pm

by jknutsen (103 Posts), Fri Oct 21, 2005 04:03 pm

I'd like to help get this going if at all possible.

Anyone else want to do this? I believe the scheduled walk is supposed to be May 13th.
jknutsen

Re : Anyone interested in doing WAT here in CO?

Postby allish » Fri Oct 21, 2005 05:12 pm

by allish (79 Posts), Fri Oct 21, 2005 05:12 pm

What is WAT?
allish

Postby jknutsen » Fri Oct 21, 2005 06:52 pm

by jknutsen (103 Posts), Fri Oct 21, 2005 06:52 pm

the pre-e Foundation's Walk-A-Thon
jknutsen

Postby tafkap » Sat Oct 22, 2005 08:28 pm

by tafkap (591 Posts), Sat Oct 22, 2005 08:28 pm

Joyce,

If you are interested in doing this, I ask that you either
a) speak with me, I have left my e-mail and phone NUMEROUS times for you

or

b) Please speak to Carol Hamilton about becoming a State coordinator (in which case I can pass all information through her, if you still don't wish to contact me)

Colorado declined to do the WAT last year because there was just simply not enough time to plan the event. It's great that you want to do this, but know that a lot of prelim work has already been done from last year, and there is no point in recreating the wheel.

While I am so glad you are excited, there is a lot going on in Colorado that I'm sure you'd love to be a part of- so please contact the appropriate person and we'll be glad to get your energy put in the right direction.
tafkap

Postby jknutsen » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:49 pm

by jknutsen (103 Posts), Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:49 pm

Thanks Jess. I was really just looking to see if anyone else was interested and mostly to see if you, as state coordinator, were working on it already. I was hoping to help you out in some way if you needed it.

Of course, I understand that everyone has a lot going on in their personal lives and planning an event like this may not be feasible. This is also one of the reasons I haven't had an opportunity to contact you either.

I did not intend to step on your toes or anything.
jknutsen

Postby tafkap » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:40 am

by tafkap (591 Posts), Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:40 am

Joyce,

The forums are a very, very small part of the Preeclampsia Foundation.

I can understand why it can appear that the only things going on are what you read about here, but that's simply not the case.

Colorado has one of the largest state groups. 90% of the people who I have met and have contacted the PF decline to post on the forums- no time, no interest, etc.

We have some wonderful women who are very in touch with the community, and people who did put in effort to do a WAT, and it's been discussed for this year.

Just because you don't read about it on the public forums doesn't mean there isn't quite a bit going on.

Hence, I will post my e-mail address again.

jess.smith@comcast.net

Should we plan a PF event it will be approved and posted on the forums, but the planning and execution will not be done on public forums, it's done through e-mail, phone calls, and personal meetings.

As I said before, we have several members that have never even visited the boards- so while it's a nice tool, it's not by any stretch indicitive of all that Colorado has done and is doing for the Preeclampsia Foundation.

I hope that explains a little more about this state group.

tafkap

Postby jknutsen » Fri Oct 28, 2005 04:49 pm

by jknutsen (103 Posts), Fri Oct 28, 2005 04:49 pm

I guess I didn't realize all of that. I'll be at the zoo on Sunday so hopefully we can talk a little bit more then.

I honestly had no idea of what was really going on behind the scenes so to speak. I suppose I hadn't really considered it.
jknutsen

Return to Colorado