Professional Tarpon Tournament Series
2nd Annual Silver King Banquet

ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND

Friday, June 15, 2007
6:30 p.m.
Gaspirilla Marina
Placida, FL

Casual Evening of a delicious buffet dinner, live band, and a
silent auction consisting of MLB and other sports memorabilia, fishing & boating equipment, weekend getaways, itmes for women and much more!

$50 per ticket

Last year, we raised much needed awareness among the 200+ people, and over $16000. This year, we hope to raise $50,000 to produce a Preeclampsia Education DVD that will be shared via health education workshops, community events, childbirth education and nurse-midwife education venues to inform patients and families about the signs and symptoms of Preeclampsia. This educational DVD will help to improve the time it takes to diagnose this disease and prevent high risk pregnancies from turning into crisis.

CONTACT ALLI CREEK - 727-644-0040
with questions, sponsorships, donations, or to receive tickets
!

Dawn D

Re : Fundrsg Banquet to support PF, educate about PreE

Postby sandy » Wed May 30, 2007 05:06 pm

Dawn and Alli,
This is a GREAT idea!!!!

Good luck with it!!
sandy

Postby allic » Thu May 31, 2007 11:04 am

Thanks! I acutally did raise $16,000, but because my overhead was so high last year, it ended up being only $8500....this year I'm working on getting EVERYTHING donated. But it should be pretty interesting...we're essentially turning a "boat garage" into a banquet facility and I have a woman who I've worked with for the ALS foundation at Innovative Planners in Tampa, FL, who is a professional party planner, who is up for the job. She's actually very excited and has been so helpful!

I've got two radio stations behind me and working on a local news station.

This year, Dan and Kathy MacGuire came down to help for a few days and Molly, Dawn and Nicole over in Texas are helping to make follow up calls, but if there's anyone else out there who wants to jump on board, there's tons I have left to do...especially locally. Are there any SW Floridia survivors out there?!?!?
allic

Postby allic » Sat Jun 09, 2007 00:26 am

I'm still looking for local survivors to join me! But I need to share that I LOVE Carrabas! This morning I wake up and realize that due to events beyond my control, I am a week from my event with NO food to serve the 300 people I expect...when I go to beg at my local Carrabas and the owner not only says "yes, I'll cater for you" AND not only says he'll underwrite more than half the cost BUT ALSO offers to underwrite even more next year, stating that his corporate marketing dept. will help get the word out and hopefully help to make the event even bigger next year!!! And to note...we're on track to have at least $22,000 donated for our foundation - AFTER expenses!!! I truly believe that ANYTHING is possible. I wish I was coming to the LTC...I could be so inspiring after the long story this banquet involves!!! :) I, the optomist, honestly thought this was going to be the next thing to a disaster..it was that bad last week! I've had a few friends in the background helping this year and one little firecracker that just jumped on board yesterday. There are a bunch of non-PE Survivors in SW Florida that have jumped on board with us in our quest to end PE for good! Ok I'm rambling because 1)I'm so excited that someone rescued me and 2)I'm sooo exhausted!!! Can't wait to share the results next week with all of you! Wish you could be here! [8D]

Love,
allic

Postby annegarrett » Sat Jun 09, 2007 03:55 pm

Alli,
You're an inspiration to me. I so wish I could be there!! Take care and have a nice long nap when this is all done.
annegarrett

Postby allic » Sat Jun 09, 2007 04:27 pm

Anne, I wish you could be here too! Hopefully we can grow this little event to be big enough to have you come down and tell us "how it all started!" I heard a rumor that you may have some artwork to add to my auction...if so, I would be honored to have it. If you can't get it here in time, we can always add it next year! I've found a few more PE survivors in the tarpon fishing community, so maybe we will have more of a "presence" this year than last. I'll let you know how it goes!

Love,
Alli
allic

Postby Dawn D » Wed Jun 13, 2007 00:25 am

Anyone else there in FL able to attend? Instead of dinner and a movie this weekend, enjoy a FANTASTIC night out where the money you spend supports PF !!.

Contact Alli asap.

P.S. Alli, your efforts are amazing!

Dawn D

Postby allic » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:30 am

I've been wanting to post that the "final result is..." but I keep getting checks!-Not a bad problem to have and I'm definitely not complaining, but with the $1000 donation I received today the final tally (for now) is: $23,715.49 This does not include the $6250 that Eleni's dad presented from the MDRT Foundation.

Two high points to share: 1) after Eleni shared the video from Saving Grace that detailed through pictures and captions "our" stories, Capts. Troy and Jill Sapp were so moved, they donated their pay from that day which was $600 and challenged the other PTTS captains to do the same. 2) several L&D nurses from (not sure if I can mention the name due to our forum rules, but it's the only hospital in the area with a L&D dept. [;)]) surprised us all by attending the event and bringing a $1000 check.

I have photos and other tidbits to share from the event and as soon as I get a chance, I'll paste them on a webpage so you all can see what we did to raise $$$ in SW Florida!

So, another $20,000 and we've reached our goal of $50,000 for the PE educational DVD! The "fire cracker" I spoke of is not a PE survivor, just a soccer mom -with a lot of energy- who believes in our mission, but she and her husband want to organize a golf tournament to see if we can reach our goal before the year is out!

allic

Postby rachel a » Mon Jul 16, 2007 01:50 pm

Alli,

That is truly awesome. I'm sending a huge pat on the back to you... you impress me girl!!
rachel a

Postby Dawn D » Tue Jul 17, 2007 05:11 pm

I agree with Rachel, Alli you are amazing....and so are those who contributed to the event/PF ! Awesome results!
Dawn D

Return to Florida