Post Reply FAQ Members Login

New here!

New here!

Postby ophelia2002 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:50 pm

I am so glad to have found this site!!! I am TTC #2 right now, after severe complications due to undiagnosed PE with #1- and it's hard to find anyone to talk to about this because anyone of child-bearing age FREAKS out when they hear about what happened with me.

Anyway, my daughter is 22 months old now and wonderful- we are trying for #2 and I have a wonderfully pro-active doc who has me doing a battery of tests to be sure I don't have any underlying conditions that might affect my chances of getting PE again. Plus she is sending me off to Univ. of Iowa hospitals (best around here) to meet with several "experts" there to get their opinions as well.

I am nervous not only because I fear having PE again, but also because I am afraid the docs might suggest I not have more children. I don't know what I would do if they said that!
ophelia2002

Re : New here!

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun Oct 23, 2005 00:13 am

Do what I did, don't take the first doc's word for it! lol .. I went on to have two more healthy kids after my OB said I shouldn't have anymore after a severe PE episode and loss! lol ..

Welcome to the site! We are glad you found us. I know that IL just recently obtained a new Illinois State Coordinator to help get meetings and fundraising off the ground. If you would be interested in attending a meet and greet, could you please do two things for us?

1) could you make sure you are registered on the website for us to have your information for contact and
2) could you email me by clicking on my nick and giving me your email contact information so I may pass it along to your State Coordinator if you are interested in gathering with others who have suffered PE as well...

I was involved in getting IL jump started and getting a coordinator so I would be happy to make sure your information gets included on any upcoming meetings. I've had PE several times myself and I'm in a sister state of Indiana. You may see me attend on of the meetings in IL to connect our chapters. :-)

I've heard IA has some of the top doctors to deal with preemies. I am sure they have plenty of experience with PE as well seeing PE causes way too many preemies.

Glad you found us!

Sue
timelessbeauty

Return to Illinois