'Ghans are here! - Indiana help me!!!

'Ghans are here! - Indiana help me!!!

Postby timelessbeauty » Sat Nov 05, 2005 07:17 pm

Ok, I posted before that I have been talking to the Indianapolis Crochet Guild about possibly helping me make afghans to help out the Preeclampsia Foundation. Well, they are fantastic!!! I have been working on three myself but inbetween naps so none of mine are done yet. LOL .. I have received 7 BEAUTIFUL afghans from the Guild as a donation of time and talent to our cause. I will be sending two, possibly three, to Minnesota for the Saving Grace - A Night of Hope dinner. They can be made part of a package of items to be auctioned off. Seeing I cannot be there in person, I am sending my "yarn friends" (the afghans) in my stead.

I have a few that will be used here locally to be put into a nice arrangement to be raffled off at the local area hospitals. Near these raffles will be our information to be taken at will by ones who need it most. I am targeting hospitals and doctor offices with whom I have in good standing. I have looked through the website and gained ideas from fellow members in regards to "diaper cakes" and "sock roses" to be used in my decorations. I also have a friend who sells soy candles and will be including some nice scents to be used in the house that burn clean and cooler than regular candles.

I was also told that they have a surplus of preemie hats to be donated towards our get the word out campaign. SO I will be making up some cards to be approved by the Board to go along with the hats to be distributed. Indiana, would you like to help me with this project? I could use other volunteers to get these items out and dressed up to look nice! Crafty or not so crafty are welcome to join me in this project. I am thinking a $1.00 raffle ticket would be good and enter as often as they like to win. What do you think?

Ideas Ideas??? I could use more ideas or items to put in these things! Let me know your thoughts!!!

Sue
timelessbeauty

Re : 'Ghans are here! - Indiana help me!!!

Postby kristen8843 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:07 am

Maybe save a few for the WAT, to be auctioned or raffled off? Anything I can do to help...just let me know.
kristen8843

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:21 am

Good idea! I know we can make more .. I usually whip out more than one a month if not one a week when I get going. lol But yes, to use them for the WAT is great!

Sue
timelessbeauty

Postby whosures » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:56 am

I have lots of contacts at area hospitals so if you need any, let me know. My best contacts are at Riley so anything I can do to help, I'm there for you. I'm not the craftiest person but I can always tie something together. :) And heck, I'm a good marketer and a graphic artist by trade so I can help with that.
whosures

Postby whosures » Sun Jan 29, 2006 09:48 pm

Okay, I have just started to learn to crochet. I have 3 rows done on my first afghan so I'm ready to pitch in however I can.
whosures

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Jan 30, 2006 08:14 am

Woohoo. I tell you I learned when my oldest daughter was 4 months old because I felt that the prettiest afghans for babies were crocheted. I say, we do need to do lunch, we can perfect the crochet and plan for the future. :-)
timelessbeauty

Return to Indiana