Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Indiana GROUPIES

Indiana GROUPIES

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Feb 20, 2006 02:05 pm

OK folks, we are taking off with success in organizing ourself into a sleek running machine. We have already received $627.00 towards our walk-a-thon and still going. This includes a sponsor for $500.

I've been working on the brochure distribution campaign and could use volunteers to submit information and/or call offices that should receive our brochure to help more women get educated to the risks of PE.

I've toyed with the idea of an eventual newsletter to be sent out monthly, quarterly, or semi-annually from my headquarters here to inform all members of what's going on around them.

I have logged into the postal website to now be able to ship items from home.

Annual conference? I have been researching the "underlying disorders section of our forums to come up with a list of underlying disorders that I do not have full knowledge about what they are or how they affect us. I have a list from the speakers bureau here so we can think about what kind of guest speakers we would like at our conference. TIME MANAGEMENT FINANCIAL INSURANCE GENETICISTS
What kinds of ideas do you have? What kind of information do you want to gleen out of an annual conference to make it more than worth your while to attend?? Would you like to see the Annual Conference here in INDY this year?? I WOULD!!!! And I'm aiming to win the bid!

[:)][:p][:D][;)][8D][:I][^]

How would you feel about eventually making this a real working Group of the Foundation? Is this a goal for us??

Early Bird Registration for the PE Walk in Indianapolis is due March 31st and is $15.00. Even if you cannot attend, you may send in your $15.00 and still receive a commemorative t-shirt when they come in closer to the date of the walk! The fee will be $20.00 "at the door" for the WAT. Email me from this site if you want more details!

timelessbeauty

Re : Indiana GROUPIES

Postby jillmushet » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:37 am

Sue: Wow, wow, and wow! This is so great to read! So, is the annual conference officially in Indianapolis?

I LOVE the idea of a newsletter, and have also toyed with the idea here. What topics or sections do you envision?

How much is your WAT registration after March 31st? Congratulations on your great start with fundraising!
jillmushet

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:50 am

Jill, no Indianapolis isn't a definite, yet. We are still waiting to have the conference call to set the location and go over ideas for all locations that have submitted interest in hosting it. I know I am economical and can get creative on what to do and where to go. :-) I am just gearing up for it as if it were here by asking for input.
timelessbeauty

Postby whosures » Tue Feb 21, 2006 07:42 pm

Sue, do we mail in checks for the walk or is there a way to sign up online? Have you thought about establishing a paypal type account so that people could donate more easily?
whosures

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Feb 21, 2006 08:14 pm

I will double check but I believe admin is going to be making registration available online. They already use something for regular donations via the internet, I am sure we shall have something set up.
timelessbeauty

Postby mom2tori » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:29 pm

Hoping that the conference is in Indy this year!!!!
mom2tori

Postby bicyclist » Wed Feb 22, 2006 00:17 am

Hi Sue,
Congratulations on the big $500 donation you secured. You go girl! I'm going to find a match to that within 10 days and I challenge someone else in IN, IL, or KY to find a third $500 donation to our IN/IL/KY WAT. Let's get the planning rolling ladies and gentlemen! We want and need your help to gain critical mass to educate and help erase PE!

I have some conference committee planning experience and will help with the conference. I'm placing my vote to bring the conference to Indy.

Let's make those phones ring!
bicyclist

Return to Indiana