Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Snowed In --Valentine'sDay--How R U?

Snowed In --Valentine'sDay--How R U?

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Feb 14, 2007 09:53 am

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Wed Feb 14, 2007 09:53 am

I am thinking of all of the members within my state and the other states that are pregnant right now and are snowed in as I am today. I pray you have enough supplies and that your power and heat are still on.

I work parttime in the evenings for a grocery store around my husband's schedule and last night was very interesting. The snow was powdery but then it turned to sleeting flakes which stung the face when you were out for an extended time. The shelves had been scavanged to the point of being bare and the snow was piled so high on the roof, they had the emergency crews out there with a crane shoveling it off because the support poles inside the building were already bending under it's weight.

It is in seeing the preparations of so many running through the lines because of the wintry weather that I get concerned for the elderly and the families with children or children on the way. I am hoping for those in need of attending appointments that your roads are plowed.

I am also saying my prayers for those in the states south of the "blizzard" like weather who have been affected by tornados recently and other harsh weather events. I am hoping everyone is doing well and in a safe place.

Happy Valentine's Day to all! There's no school so let the fun begin! hehehee
timelessbeauty

Re : Snowed In --Valentine'sDay--How R U?

Postby michellelhuston » Wed Feb 14, 2007 03:16 pm

by michellelhuston (1251 Posts), Wed Feb 14, 2007 03:16 pm

Happy Valentine's Day Sue! We are all ok up north here! Plenty of food! Roads are clearing! I will actually be heading down your way on Friday! I am flying out with my sister to Florida for the weekend! I have my first appt/ ultrasound tomorrow afternoon! So I did not miss that either!
michellelhuston

Re : Snowed In --Valentine'sDay--How R U?

Postby princess_ame » Wed Feb 14, 2007 06:49 pm

by princess_ame (268 Posts), Wed Feb 14, 2007 06:49 pm

Happy Valentines day to you too!!! We enjoyed being in yesterday, but today my eldest has had the flu!!! Yuck! Anyway, I will be praying for your ultrasound tomorrow, Michelle!
princess_ame

Return to Indiana