37 wks 3 days ..Oh My!

37 wks 3 days ..Oh My!

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Apr 29, 2005 06:04 am

I just cannot believe that I am 37 wks and 3 days already. This seems like a dream. I'm anxious, a little nervous, a little uncomfortable as someone stretches his long body into my diaphragm regularly and shows me his rear end behind my belly button. I've been looking at pictures of my other son that I lost 2.5 yrs ago. I am excited that I will have a son now but even though everything is going so well and my second daughter was born healthy between then and now, I still have a nervous flutter that won't let me be until I see him and hold him in my arms.

It's sad how PE can taint your view of pregnancy, which is suppose to be a happy time, into one of angst and worry. This morning I have awakened again with back pain, cramping but nothing significant, and a touch of nausea. I think most of it has to do with me carrying my 17.5 month old daughter around at times and a touch of nerves. Well, I better go, my lil one is up and I have to make sure my bigger one is ready for her field trip today.

Love and luck to all moms out there! I wish you my kind of success for healthy and long pregnancies!

Sue
timelessbeauty

Re : 37 wks 3 days ..Oh My!

Postby timelessbeauty » Sat Apr 30, 2005 06:20 am

OK, I'm tired today. Back hurts but is that because it's nasty weather outside and I'm achy from arthritis? or am I feeling the beginnings of something that could happen in the next couple weeks! lol I am starting to think I am allergic to mornings. I wake up after thinking I may have slept, and my back hurts and my sides are painful. I can barely lift my legs to get out of bed because of the pressure to my pubic bone. I am very thankful this little * is staying in for so long but what the heck is going on with this run of good luck?

My legs ached last night and I was hopeful for bigger things to happen. Instead I just went to bed with achy legs. LOL

I'm hungry and realize that my dear husband is fixing scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast. That is so nice and I believe I shall go to enjoy the feast.

Love and luck to all the mommies!

Sue
timelessbeauty

Postby denise » Sat Apr 30, 2005 08:24 pm

You are almost there Sue! I still am amazed at how well you are doing and that you are 37 weeks! That is soooo awesome!

-------
Denise (29) Co-coordinator for WI
Jason (32)
Ariana (23 months)5/3/03-just shy of 35 weeks: Class 1 HELLP
http://hometown.aol.com/oneyodafan/DeniseHomePage.htm
denise

Postby tommysmommy21004 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 09:32 pm

That's so awesome, Sue!! You give me some hope for the future!! I hope to be in your exact same position this time next year!!

Deanna Smith-Powers (30)

Mommy to Thomas James, b.2/10/04 @ 34 weeks due to severe pre-e and HELLP syndrome
Diagnosed with prothrombin genetic mutations-12/28/04
tommysmommy21004

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun May 01, 2005 07:53 am

37 wks FIVE DAYS!

Denise, Deanna, I thank you for your words of encouragement as I've been progressing through this pregnancy. It's honestly baffling as to how I can maintain myself for so long and so healthy! I'm not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth but WOW is all I can say to the whole thing. I'm 37 wks and FIVE days now and still going! I even tried the hot pepper seasoning on my pizza last night hoping to kick it up a notch, BAM, have a kid! lol But maybe because I am not naming the kid Emeril, the kicking it up a notch won't work for me. LOL

Waking up in the morning is my only struggle. Hard to get out of bed when all muscles have supposedly been relaxing all night long and then OWIE, my back says it cannot comply with my wishes to get up and moving.

I'm not nervous about labor as I am looking forward to another nice V-delivery. SO far I have not had to have a c-section even with having had PE twice and rather severe. Nothing against the life saving surgery, but if I can avoid it at any cost, I will!

I talked with the nurse that helped us through the 10 days we were in the hospital for Ben's delivery. She said that because of how sick I was at that time, no one would have ever considered me to bounce back like this to have two healthy pregnancies! I have given hope to many women I guess through the conversations my Peri has had with other couples. I know my name was omitted but I am willing to talk to other women to discuss hope and treatment I have been going through. It's even given me hope to think about one more baby. I know I sound like a glutton for punishment and I should just be happy to have the ones I have. Naturally I am waiting to see what happens with this baby. I don't want to press my luck or infuriate the Powers That Be by planning another baby at this time. That would be silly of me.

What would make my body turn around for this time to not have any swelling, to not spill out any protein at all until last appt when it was just "trace", and convert most of my "body bulk" into baby weight? Everyone has told me I look great during this pregnancy and that everything is centralized right where it should be for a little * to develop. Even with my second daughter's pregnancy, I gained weight in other areas and still spilled trace proteins throughout the pregnancy but nothing significant. My doctor says I have this down pat now "being pregnant". LOL

My mother had three children, my oldest brother, 9 lbs 4 oz, my second oldest brother 8 lbs 15 ozs and then me the light weight at just 8 lbs. We were all really good sized babies. She had short labors with us all and it seemed I came from healthy stock. There is no explanation for what has occured and I know my brothers asked me, "Did Mom suffer with this when she was pregnant?" .. No is the answer. I have been tested and there are no underlying disorders that have been noted for me to come down with PE for any "known" reasons. Granted we don't know what causes PE and it can happen to anyone at any time, in a strange way I am glad it happened to me so that I may be an advocate for this dysfunction and help others with their grief. I don't pity myself when I look back and see all I have gone through in my life. I'm a widow and have lost a son. I'm remarried to a wonderful man and have beautiful and healthy children. I get to experience the same struggles as any parent, "why haven't you brushed your teeth yet, it's bedtime" or "I'll let you back out of the pack n play as soon as you are done throwing your temper tantrum little one". LOL I love kissing 'boo-boos' and coloring along side the future artists of America. I love hearing the call of "maaaaaaaaaaaaammmaaa!" no matter what the reason. And I take amazement every day for the fact that I feel so young yet at 34 yrs of age and I'm already the mother of 4. (Yes, one may be an angel but he's still my baby boy) I went so long as being just the mother of one and then to single mother of one after a loss. My dream of having a nice sized family is coming true.

I have been at death's door more than once and I have survived. I don't take life for granted but the experiences have strengthened my faith. May the Big Man above bless everyone out there that has the thirst for a family and the want to share love with others.

Love and Luck to all the mommies to be and the mommies that are out there! In the end, it doesn't matter if the child is ours, it's the love that counts!

TB aka Sue
timelessbeauty

Return to Indiana