Iowa / Illinois Get-together?

Re : Iowa / Illinois Get-together?

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Oct 03, 2006 03:09 pm

OK, just checked the schedule. My husband works every other weekend at the hospital and is off the weekend of November 11th. Drat. Maybe it will have to wait until after the new year for me to drive that way but I will do it by golly sometime! I need a roadtrip!
timelessbeauty

Postby kara » Thu Oct 05, 2006 01:37 am

You have to go to the Iowa Machine Shed, it is SOOOO much better than Cracker Barrel! Get some local food!!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby mada » Thu Oct 05, 2006 09:07 am

OOh I have been there too. It was good. Unfortunately, Nov. 4th is my sons birthday party so I won't be able to drive out. We will have to figure a tome again.
mada

Postby shellysmomdad » Thu Oct 05, 2006 02:54 pm

Hello Again, Everyone.
It's scheduled. We will have a Rememberance Day get-together on Saturday, Nov. 4. The meeting will take place at HAPPY JOE'S PIZZA and ICE CREAM PARLOR at 2430 Spruce Hills Drive in Bettendorf, Iowa. The meeting will start at 10am. Happy Joe's is a potential MAJOR SPONSOR for the 2007 WAT, so I thought it might help to patronize them. This location does serve breakfast, and has offered to give us the lunch buffet at a discounted rate. By coincidance the manager of this location has a child born 5 weeks premature, and one of the assistants has a child born 10 weeks early.
This location is easy to find. From I-80 take I-74 to the Middle Road exit. Turn east on Middle Road and drive 1 mile to the Spruce Hills Drive intersection. Turn north, and Happy Joe's is on the right side of the road.
I look forward to meeting with everyone, listening to stories, and sharing ideas for the 2007 Walk.
Please rsvp no later than Oct.31, and please pass this on.
Thank You.
shellysmomdad

Postby kara » Thu Oct 05, 2006 08:02 pm

MMMM....I love Happy Joes taco pizza...it is the BEST. That is the same day as the WI get together though...and I can't abandon my gals. I'm drooling for taco pizza...with the little hot sauce packets. mmmmmmm
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby khailibowen » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:02 pm

With all luck I will be 33 weeks pregnant at that time, but most likely not in traveling condition as I can barely leave the house even now, so I wont' be able to make it :( I really would love to meet some of you gals, so maybe next time.
khailibowen

Previous

Return to Iowa