Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Awareness Event Saturday

Awareness Event Saturday

Postby shellysmomdad » Wed Nov 07, 2007 05:03 pm

Everyone,
Just a reminder of the Awareness Event this Saturday in Des Moines.
It promises to be a very good event.
Hope to see you!
Thank You.

John
shellysmomdad

Re : Awareness Event Saturday

Postby Dawn D » Tue Nov 13, 2007 00:15 am

Hi, I'm sure the event was a success in providing others with accurate info about PF (and in providing an enjoyable night for those attending).... would love to hear details when you have time.
Dawn D

Postby shellysmomdad » Thu Nov 15, 2007 02:57 am

Last Saturday's event was very good, in most regards.
The PF was well represented. Tom Viall, Jaime Nolan, and Missy Updike (GC from Nebraska) all attended, as well as Brenda and myself.
Dr. Mahone's presentation was excellent, easy for everyone to understand with the medical terminology. She is a very personal OB/GYN, as Brenda and I had a long conversation with her after the event, in regards to Shelly.
Lauren's presentation, regardless wether you've seen it before or not, is always very emotional. A new addition to her presentation Saturday was a tribute at the end to women who have lost their lives in recent years due to preeclampsia. And the last women to be shown was Shelly. And Lauren added a caption under Shelly's picture,
"Today's event is presented in memory of Shelly (Warner) Bridgewater". Brenda and I were not prepared for that, and tears flowed.
The biggest disappointment was the small turnout. A very small crowd, probably due in part that no CEU credit was offered (which we had no control over), and other circumstances that I can't elaborate on. But the right person was in attendance that can change that. She is the coordinator for CEU's for Central Iowa, herself a preeclampsia survivor. She was quite moved by the event, and pledged her support for any future events. So, hopefully we "got our foot in the door". We are planning another awareness event for late February or early March, as part of a kickoff event to promote the Walk in Davenport.
Meanwhile, our efforts to raise awareness will continue...
Thank You.
shellysmomdad

Postby for faith » Thu Nov 15, 2007 02:27 pm

Sounds very moving, sorry the attendance wasn't great, but that is so awesome what you both are doing for the cause in memory of your daughter, I'm sure she would be really, really proud.

Take care, wishing you all the best in everything, thank you for all you do,
for faith

Postby annegarrett » Thu Nov 15, 2007 02:48 pm

I'm sorry attendance wasn't strong but as you say--you just need the right person involved.

Hang in there!!
annegarrett

Return to Iowa