Post Reply FAQ Members Login

All the Lousiana Girls check in here!

All the Lousiana Girls check in here!

Postby mamc2003 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 06:03 pm

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd put a post here instead of clogging up the Ask the Experienced forum. I can't believe there are so many of us. Usually whenever I go to a msg board, I am the only one from the South, and almost always the only one from Lousianana/Mississippi.

Cara- I'm sorry I haven't gotten back on the e-mail yet. My home computer's completely out. I can check boards at work, but for some reason, it won't let me get on Yahoo. Which leaves my parent's computer, which my mother is always on. So, I promise, I didn't forget about you.

Alex- I bet we've already met on campus. I was in early education. I was also in AOTT. I lived in the freshman dorms(right there in front of the old library) the first year and the sorority dorms the second year. One of my best friend's dads was the regional manager of Johnny's Pizza, so we ate there almost every day. When my other friend and I were pg together last summer, we drove to Winnsboro about once a week to eat at Johnny's. Yummy, I could sure go for some right now. Are you from Columbia that's close to Start? Another one of my college friends was from there.

Brittani- I've been trying to talk DH into going to the Alex zoo. That's where we used to go on field trips and I remember it being really good. I hope when it cools down some we can go up there one day.

Well, hopefully we can plan for the WAT somewhere in LA this year. I'm not a very good organizer, but I would love to help in any way possible. Also, maybe we can all get together one afternoon.

My e-mails are always open to anyone, so please don't hesitate if any of y'all need anything or just want to chat. Hopefully my 'puter will be up and running soon.

Take care.
mamc2003

Re : All the Lousiana Girls check in here!

Postby laura » Mon Jul 11, 2005 09:16 pm

Can I be an honorary La girl? My dad's family is from Church Point. What sorority? I was a Theta [:D]
laura

Postby raindrop » Wed Jul 13, 2005 00:52 am

Hey
Im in East Tn closer to VA but still in the south..

raindrop

Postby cara » Wed Jul 13, 2005 02:00 pm

Hey all LA folks! Glad to see this getting started up....

Anyone is welcome to claim Louisiana...that's what southern hospitality is all about!

Mandy- I was wondering if the pickle juice incident came flooding back to your memory and you didn't want to talk to me anymore...he he he...I'll apologize for him...

I think doing the WAT next year is a great idea....hopefully I'll be pregnant for it! I wouldn't mind helping organize it..I'd just need a little help. With the Big hospital here in BR and I think there's one in Lafayette, (both specializing in Women's and children's care) I think getting the word out wouldn't be too hard.

In any case, maybe we can plan a lunch sometime soon.

cara

Postby mamc2003 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 04:27 pm

I'm so glad to see that other people posted. Everyone's welcome in the South.

Laura- I was Alpha Omicron Pi. It seems to be small at every other college, but since there were only 4 sororities at NLU, it was one of the biggest there.

Cara- For the life of me, I can't remember a pickle juice incident. But, somehow that doesn't suprise me, I'm very forgetful. I remember we were in Cooter Bay(to anyone else reading, yes that's the name) in Monroe one night in college and your DH came up to my friend Jessica R. He told her "I'm going to tell your dad you're drinking." She said, "That's okay, I'll tell him you bought it for me." LOL He knew what a hard a** her dad was. And don't worry, that was close to ten years ago.

Anyway, e-mail me next time before y'all come in town and maybe we can go eat somewhere. To anyone else in LA, if y'all head my way, let me know and maybe we can meet up. Also, once it cools down some we can all get together somewhere that's close to everyone(at a Johnny's pizza would be nice, hint hint LOL).

I think getting a Louisiana WAT in BR would be is a good idea. It's such a big town that we should have a pretty good turn out. Like I said, though, I can help, but I just can't plan and organize. I'm terrible at things like that, but would like to do anything to make it work.
mamc2003

Postby cara » Thu Jul 14, 2005 05:12 pm

Ahhhh...isn't he the best? Too funny....and I know all about his lovely college years. His 2 best friends are girls and they love to fill me in on details. Between them and Brad (the assistant DA in V-town)I get all the good scoop.....

Funny thing...I work with a guy from Monroe and he swears by Johnny's Pizza. He likes to get assessment sites in the "north" (north LA!) so he can eat Johnny's Pizza! I've never been to one though.

I would have come in this weekend b/c Mike has drill but my parents are coming in from New Orleans to take Grant and I to dinner to celebrate my birthday, which is next week....ugh...another year.....
cara

Postby rachel a » Thu Jul 14, 2005 07:57 pm

Hey ladies,

Just checking things out. I'm up just north of ya, Arkansas. I contacted Nordia Higgins, KSLA TV 12, for the 2005 WAT and she did a piece on Preeclampsia and also announced our Hope, AR WAT. So, I just wanted to chime in here and let you know that she would likely be an EXCELLENT community follow-up for getting the word out about your WAT.

BTW, I'm only about an hour and a half from the LA state line! Good luck girls!
rachel a

Postby alexp » Mon Jul 18, 2005 06:10 pm

Ahhhh! I can't believe I am just now seeing this! [:I] I woudl love to get together with any of you guys...just say the word...

Laura - you are truly a woman of the world! I would be proud to call you an honorary Louisianaian (is that a word?) [:p]

Mandy - This is too weird. I know our paths must have crossed before. I worked at Johnnys from 1993-97. My "home store" was Wallace Rd, but I've also worked at Town & Country, Warren, Drive, the one by campus...LOL...pretty much all of them. Your friends dad is Roy P, right? [:)] He was my boss for a while...I actually taught the new employee training class for about 8 months. He's a good guy, is Roy.

DH and I MET at Johnny's, [8)]. I still eat there all the time. To tell the truth, though...it tasted a lot better to me pre-1993 [:p].

Raindrop - My little sister went to ETSU for her undergraduate. (My mom and stepdad live in Sewanee - that is where mom's whole family is from.) Is that close to where you live?

I would love to see a WAT in Louisiana next year. I think we have plenty of good spots...Monroe has several big walks every year (Walk America, Race for the Cure, etc.) And we're sort of the OB/ High risk hub for the northeastern part of the state. I so want to be involved, but have been afraid to jump in and start anything so far, as my life is so crazy right now. But I'm a darn good follower if anyone else wants to take the lead!! [:D]

Which reminds me - Cara - the peris that I saw here in Monroe came up from that "Big Hospital" to do a clinic here. did you use one of them? Did he have fuzzy hair and a last name that starts with "R"? Because that is the main one I saw.

This is so massively cool!! I can't believe there are so many of "us" here! [:)]
alexp

Postby cara » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:18 am

Alex...I only went to one with a "J" but I know who you are talking about...J was going to be out of town and was on call the weekend I went into labor...He made an appt with R for me earlier that week and said he did NOT want to see me for 2 weeks (It was a little joke). When he saw me being wheeled into L&D he started cracking up. He told me "I thought I told you to stay away until I came back from vacation!!"

So I know who you are talking about...just never got my chance to actually have an appt with him!!

It so nice to talk to people who have an idea of where you are!!! Yeah for us Louisianians...and I declare that is a word.
cara

Postby alexp » Tue Jul 19, 2005 01:22 pm

Cara,

I never met J, I heard he was good. I saw R, S (I developed a mad crush on S! LOL...yes, I am a freak...but I was stuck in a 8x9 cell - hospital room - for a month so what do you expect), and N. I couldn't stand N at all...he was such a jerk and seemed kinda incompetent. He didn't seem to fit with the rest of the group.

alexp

Next

Return to Louisiana