Hurricane Katrina

rachel a

Re : Hurricane Katrina

Postby rachel a » Sun Aug 28, 2005 04:26 pm

Hey Gals! I'm in Arkansas, just about an hour from the Louisiana border. So I'm in no danger - I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking and praying for you! If you're not somewhere safe, please get there ASAP!

Mandy- where are you located?

mamc2003

Hurricane Katrina

Postby mamc2003 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 03:48 pm

Hey all Louisianians. I just wanted to start a post where everyone could check in during the storm. That is, if you even have power.

Alex, I know you're pretty far north, so are y'all just expecting some rain? I bet traffic is pretty hectic there with everyone moving out of NO.

Cara, I haven't really heard about BR during all of this, so if you can, check in and let us know how you're fairing.

Anyone further South, please take care and be safe. I'll be praying and thinking of everyone in NO. I hope we all come out of this better than expected.

As for me. We have a midnight curfew and the wind has started to pick up, but not too bad. We're expected to have 75mph wind and lots of rain. Traffic is jam packed on the highway from everyone moving further north.

Ladies in Louisiana, please check in and let everyone know how you're doing. I'll be praying for you.

Return to “Louisiana”