UPDATED:Ann Arbor Area-Photos-Student Project

UPDATED:Ann Arbor Area-Photos-Student Project

Postby mcrisovan » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:25 pm

--UPDATE 4---------------------------------------------------------

I have begun taking photographs for this project. Rough edits of only a handful of my photographs can now be seen at:

http://family.mdc-photography.com/

Thank you everyone for your support and volunteers for taking time out of your lives for this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone. I am new to the forums, although I believe my wife has been a member for 2 years now.

She had Hellp 2 years ago when our son was born.

I am currently finishing up my Associates Degree in photography at Washtenaw Community College. My final portfolio course is this semester (December - April) and at the conclusion of that course, as a requirement for the class, my work will be shown at the WCC Arts Gala at the end of the semester. Having been through an experience similar to many of yours, I have a great understanding for the importance of not only remembering my loved ones and what we went through, but also for informing others.

Having said all that here is what I am asking/offering.

I would like to build my portfolio for this course with the stories and black and white portraits of any/all of you. They can be family portraits, or single portraits, whatever you would like. I want to display photos that I take along with your stories. I am unsure of the final layout, although I anticipate some sort of wall hanging photos as well as some sort of hand made portfolio type book. All that would be required of you would be to find a time when I could take my photos, and some time to interview you or listen to your story and take some notes.

For your time and effort, I would be willing to make you one print, free of charge. I have not set the final size as of yet, but it will probably be somewhere between 8x10 and 13x19 inches. Also, since the photos of you will be displayed at the Gala, I would love for anyone who has a photo done, and those interested in the out come, to come to the Gala. Many people from the area come to the Gala, and all of them would be taken by your stories and photos.

So, this is all I have currently. My semester starts next week. For anyone nervous about meeting up with a stranger for this, I can provide you with my instructors email address at WCC. If you have any questions or are at all interested, you can reply in this thread and I will try to remember to check it, or you can email me at mcrisova@wccnet.edu I try to check my email everyday. Sometimes, though, it goes 2 or 3 days without being checked. If you don't get a reply right away, please be patient!

Thank you very much,

Michael Crisovan

UPDATE:

It occurred to me that you folks might like to see some of my photos before you volunteer. With that in mind, I am picking out around 10 photos that are most representative of my work to post and will try to have them up in a new website by the middle of this coming week.
mcrisovan

Re : UPDATED:Ann Arbor Area-Photos-Student Project

Postby eleni » Sun Jan 10, 2010 03:39 pm

Michael, this sounds like a beautiful idea. Pls contact me directly as I have a few questions and addt'l ideas for extending this opportunity for our mutual benefit.

Thank you!
eleni
Site Admin

Postby mcrisovan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 03:28 pm

Lots of you have looked, but I still don't have any volunteers. I have been talking extensively with Eleni all weekend. Hopefully, she will be making a post today about my plans.

Email me. Reply in the thread. I need volunteers! You will get 1 free print from me. I am also willing to allow you to have files to make prints for family as well.

Thanks,

Michael Crisovan
mcrisovan

Postby eleni » Wed Jan 13, 2010 04:17 pm

Indeed, Michael and I have spoken and he is tackling an ambitious but beautiful project. He has done some nice work, which you can see at his website, and we are also exploring some ideas for extending the use of the photos, possibly for Saving Grace, other print or website uses, etc. As the subject of the photos, you will have the opportunity to sign a waiver indicating where you are or not comfortable having the photos used.

i would encourage anybody who's within driving distance of the Ann Arbor area to contact Mike and make arrangements for a photo session with your family. He'll be collecting a bit of info about your preeclampsia story and the photos will help bring it to life. He'll provide you a CD of your family photos so you can use them however you wish. Feel free to share this with other PE families who may not frequent this forum. He is willing to come to your home or to have you come to the school's studio - either way, you can make those arrangements with him personally.

Can't wait to see the results of this project!

Eleni
eleni
Site Admin

Postby kara » Wed Jan 13, 2010 05:06 pm

I've just alerted a couple of people that might be in driving distance.
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby adamsmom » Wed Jan 13, 2010 05:10 pm

Hi Michael:

What a great thing that you are doing!

I live in Michigan as well. Last December I sent out a note to all members who live in Michigan (your wife may have gotten this...) to see if there was interest in creating a Michigan Walk for Preeclampsa Foundation.

Most of the members lives in or near metro area, and it looks like we will for sure be having a walk this summer in your area. If you or your wife have any interest in participating in any way, let me know.

Thanks so much!

Jamie
adamsmom

Postby mcrisovan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Jamie,

Does that mean you are interested?

Mike
mcrisovan

Postby adamsmom » Thu Jan 14, 2010 08:14 am

Yes, Michael, my husband and I would be interested. Just keep us posted and let us know what we need to do!

adamsmom

Postby gcpom02 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:39 pm

Hello Micheal. My name is Shannon and I would LOVE to help you out. I think this is a great thing you are doing and I am within driving distance. Please let me know what I have to do...
gcpom02

Postby eleni » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:24 am

If anybody is interested in taking part or would like more information, please email Michael directly at mcrisova@wccnet.edu. I'm sure he's checking this forum as well, but it might speed things up a bit if you email him directly. Can't wait to see what beautiful works comes from this! :-)
eleni
Site Admin

Next

Return to Michigan