Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Hi - just joined

Hi - just joined

Postby marker0125 » Mon May 14, 2007 04:18 pm

Hi, I just joined as a member. I suffered severe PE with the birth of my first daughter in 2006.

I joined for many reasons. The main two reasons being: I want to increase awareness and knowledge of PE. I feel that sometimes when I talk about my experience, people just roll their eyes and don't understand the gravity of the situation we (me and my daughter) were in during labor & delivery.

Secondly, I don't know how to get over the experience. I hope that by listening and talking to others that have dealt with PE that maybe I can come to terms with my experience, and hopefully have another child someday.

I look forward to reading posts, and hopefully becoming active within the foundation.

Thanks,
Renee
DH (Chad - 32)
DD (Meah - 1/18/06) - 36 weeks, severe PE
marker0125

Re : Hi - just joined

Postby angelkat » Mon May 14, 2007 10:25 pm

Welcome Brandy...

I'm sure the gals from Minnesota will be around to welcome you shortly.
angelkat

Postby mnmom » Tue May 15, 2007 07:34 am

Hi and welcome to the group! There really is a lot of support and great advice here. Where in MN are you? I live up in Brainerd, well between Brainerd and Nisswa.
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby denise » Tue May 15, 2007 09:37 am

Welcome Renee!

Wanted to add my welcome. I'm from WI, and get to the cities quite often.

Glad you found the organization and yes, awareness is so important. Thank you for wanting to do what you can to help. I'm sure the MN members will be happy to have your assistance.

As for working through the experience, I think time is what helps. I know for me, helping out the PF has helped me work through things. Of course, I think some of the feelings never go away. I'm 4 years out from my HELLP experience and still have strong memories & feelings from it. Becoming educated about what happened to us, and thus allowing us to become the best advocates for our own health is key to having another baby. Are you guys considering another child soon?

Please take a look around the forum and ask any questions you may have.

denise

Postby marker0125 » Tue May 15, 2007 09:50 am

We live in Forest Lake, and I work in the Cities. I know that as time goes by, it is getting better. I adore my daughter, and really want another one. I always thought it would be nice to have kids 3-4 years apart, but as we get closer to the time we thought we would try again....I just am not ready to go through pregnancy again....but who knows, I have come a long way in the 16 months, so another 16 months things may change!

It is just nice to read the boards and know that the people here have experience the things I did. I mean, how do you describe Magnesium Sulfate treatment? You can't....
marker0125

Postby grace04 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 09:31 pm

Hi Renee - I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in the cities. I'm not on the Boards very often but feel free to email me anytime at jaime@preeclampsia.org

grace04

Return to Minnesota