Peris in the Twin Cities

Peris in the Twin Cities

Postby marker0125 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:49 am

Yesterday I had an appointment with *** at the *****. I guess I was a little disappointed in the fact that he couldn't give me any statistics as to future pregnancies. He prefers to work with my physician, keeping it hands off, until if/when a problem presents. Don't get me wrong, he was very nice...I guess I just wanted more insight into possibilities, or further testing that could be done.

My mother-in-law wants me to go the **** center for their advice as well. Does anyone know anything about *** doctors, or will I just get the same response....

Editor's note: apologies--we are not permitted to post names of doctors or hospitals in our forum. Please contact this poster directly for information about her doctor and hospital.
marker0125

Re : Peris in the Twin Cities

Postby mnmom » Thu Jun 14, 2007 07:44 am

Renee- I might not be much help since I live so far north. My peri was in St Cloud. But if you want to email me directly for any info, please feel free! lori-1966@hotmail.com.
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:29 am

Renee,

I'm in WI, so not too much help, but I do want to say that if you are not satisfied with a particular doctor, or group, PLEASE do seek a second opinion. A lot of Peri's do prefer to work hands off, unless you were really, really early onset, but they should definitely discuss things like underlying disorder testing with you. Even if they don't order the tests, they should have open conversation with you, so that you can feel comfortable with your regular OB running the show. I'm including a link to the Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine. You should be able to locate a peri/mfm thru that site.

We really encourage women to advocate for their own healthcare (and their babies), so if you didn't get the warm and fuzzies...talk to someone else. Explain that you want to be involved in the process, you want UDD testing done, and you want to be reassured for another pregnancy. They should also answer questions like how often they will see you, what kind of monitoring they will be doing during pregnancy, and how frequently they will order additional tests. They should also have "baseline" tests run (like a 24 hour urine, and blood panel) so they know where you are starting from before you get pregnant. It can be a hard road to travel, but it will be worth to find a good doc. Keep us posted!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby siobhanisabel » Wed Jul 04, 2007 05:26 pm

hello renee
where are you from ? am in st paul i had a great peri down here
plzs email me if you need any info
siobhanisabel

Return to Minnesota